Edward Digby, 11th Baron Digby
Digby was the son of Edward Henry Trafalgar Digby, 10th Baron Digby, and Emily Beryl Sissy Hood, daughter of Hon. Arthur Hood. Admiral Sir Henry Digby was his great-grandfather while on his mother's side he was a descendant of another naval commander, Admiral Samuel Hood, 1st Viscount Hood.
He succeeded his father as eleventh Baron Digby in 1920 and was able to take a seat in the House of Lords. Digby was a Colonel in the Coldstream Guards and was awarded the Distinguished Service Order and the Military Cross and Bar. He also served as Chairman of the Dorset County Council from 1955 to 1964 and as Lord Lieutenant of Dorset between 1952 and 1964. In 1960, he was made a Knight of the Order of the Garter.
Lord Digby was Chairman of the Orchid Committee of the Royal Horticultural Society.
- Hon. Pamela Digby (1920–1997), who married and divorced Randolph Churchill and later became American Ambassador to France.
- Edward Henry Kenelm Digby (1924-2018), who married Dione Sherbrooke, daughter of Rear-Adm. Robert St Vincent Sherbrooke, in 1952.
Lord Digby died in January 1964, aged 69, and was succeeded in his titles by his son Edward Henry Kenelm Digby. Lady Digby died on 15 March 1978.
- Rolfe, R. Allen (1914). The Orchid Review. Orchid Review ltd. Vol. XXII. Kingstington, England: Frank Leslie & Co. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- ‘DIGBY’, Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2014; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2013 ; online edn, Dec 2013 accessed 8 April 2014
- Kidd, Charles, Williamson, David (editors). Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage (1990 edition). New York: St Martin's Press, 1990,[page needed]
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source][better source needed]
- Lundy, Darryl. "FAQ". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
The Earl of Shaftesbury
| Lord Lieutenant of Dorset
Sir Joseph William Weld
|Peerage of Ireland|
Edward Henry Trafalgar Digby
| Baron Digby
Edward Henry Kenelm Digby