Edward Blake Christmas Piper (1938–1990) was an English painter.
Life and career
Edward Piper was the eldest son of the artist John Piper and his wife Myfanwy. He was educated at Lancing College and later studied under Howard Hodgkin at the Bath Academy of Art in Corsham and later at the Slade School of Art in London.
Piper produced photographs for the Shell County Guides and also undertook graphic design commissions to make a living. However, his real passion was figurative art and painting female nudes in particular. Later he painted landscapes, in Corsica, Malta,France, Italy and Spain.
- Clayton, Sylvia, Edward Piper. David & Charles, 1991. ISBN 0-7153-9913-6.
- Perry, Jenny, Edward Piper.
- Frances Spalding, John Piper, Myfanwy Piper: Lives in art. Oxford University Press, 2009. ISBN 978-0-19-956761-4.
- Windsor, Alan (1998). Handbook of Modern British Painting and Printmaking 1900–1990 (2 ed.). Ashgate. p. 248. ISBN 9780853318439.
- The Artist. Billboard Limited. 1989. p. 14.
- Edward Piper 1938–1990, Tate.org.uk.
- Article[dead link], The Independent, 12 December 2000.] Retrieved 31 March 2009.[full citation needed]