February 19, 1985 |
|Education||Westminster School, London
Wadham College, Oxford
(Philosophy and Economics)
|Known for||Co-founder of NationalField
Featured in Forbes 30 Under 30
Edward Saatchi (born 19 February 1985) is an entrepreneur and filmmaker. He was formerly a producer at Oculus Story Studio and the CEO and co-founder of political technology company, NationalField.
Early life and education
Edward Saatchi is the son of Maurice Saatchi (Lord Saatchi) and Josephine Hart.  He was educated at London's Westminster School and Wadham College in Oxford, where he took a double first in English. He attended the Sorbonne for graduate studies in Philosophy and Economics before leaving for America to volunteer for Barack Obama's 2008 Presidential campaign.
Saatchi was initially rejected in his efforts to join the Obama campaign because of his alien status, but eventually permitted to participate after personally presenting himself at a campaign office in Iowa. During his tenure with the campaign, he met Aharon Wasserman and Justin Lewis. The three developed an "internal social network" to more easily keep track of campaign data and coordinate communications between managers, staff, and volunteers. The network was rapidly adopted across multiple branches of the campaign and eventually commercialised in its present form as NationalField. He currently serves as the company's CEO. In 2011, Saatchi, along with his co-founders, was named in Forbes's 30 Under 30.
- Moulds, Josephine (1 October 2011). "Edward Saatchi's private social network aims to make businesses more democratic". The Telegraph. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- Urwin, Rosamund (19 October 2011). "Son of Saatchi: Edward, the British Mark Zuckerberg". The Evening Standard. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- Hill, Kashmir (19 December 2011). "30 Under 30: NationalField Thinks Your Business Needs Its Own Social Network". Forbes. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "How Edward Saatchi's NationalField Can Make Your Workplace A Happy, Productive Hive". fastcompany.com. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "NationalField: Ed Saatchi". Growing Business. 6 December 2011. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- Rusli, Evelyn (26 January 2015). "Oculus to Make Virtual-Reality Movies". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "14 Founders On What Keeps Them Sane". Forbes.com. Retrieved 6 September 2014.