|Born||January 18, 1975|
|Alma mater||College of the Holy Cross|
David D. Friedman
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Edward Peter Stringham (born January 18, 1975) is an Austrian School American economist, President of the American Institute for Economic Research in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, and the Davis Professor of Economic Innovation at Trinity College (Connecticut).
He was Associate Professor at San Jose State University from 2002 to 2008, the F.A. Hayek Endowed visiting professor at University of Klagenfurt in 2008, and Shelby Cullom Davis visiting associate professor at Trinity College from 2008 to 2010. He has also held faculty positions at Fayetteville State University and Texas Tech University.
He has been the editor of the Journal of Private Enterprise since 2006. Additionally, he served as the President of the Association of Private Enterprise Education from 2006 to 2007. He has edited Anarchy, State and Public Choice (2006) and Anarchy and the Law: The Political Economy of Choice (2007).
In 2006, he published a study together with Bethany Peters titled "No Booze? You May Lose: Why Drinkers Earn More Money Than Nondrinkers" (with the Reason Foundation). For that seeming controversial statement, he made numerous television appearances. In 2009 and 2010 he published the related "The Catastrophe of What Passes for Alcohol Policy Analysis" and he gave testimony before the Connecticut legislature on alcohol restrictions.
Stringham has appeared on dozens of media outlets including CNBC, Fox News, MTV, and NPR.
- Private Governance: Creating Order in Economic and Social Life, 2015, Oxford University Press, ISBN 9780199365166
- Website of the American Institute for Economic Research
- ThinkMarkets: A blog of the NYU Colloquium on Market Institutions and Economic Processes
- Home Page of Edward Peter Stringham, Ph.D.
- Ed Stringham: An Austrian In Austria by Peter Leeson
- Mercatus Center PhD Alumni Join The Free Market Institute at Texas Tech University
- The Journal of Private Enterprise
- USA Today "Trinity College Professor Says Those Who Drink Earn More Money Than Nondrinkers"
- Univision "El happy hour puede avanzar tu carrera"
- Faculty Biographies, Trinity College
- Reason Foundation
- Hartford Courant "Sunday Liquor Sales Idea To Get Public Hearing Today"
- Faculty Profiles: Trinity College
- "Private Governance". Oxford University Press. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- Mises, Bastiat, Public Opinion and Public Choice, By Bryan Caplan & Edward Stringham
- No Booze? You May Lose: Why Drinkers Earn More Money Than Nondrinkers, By Bethany Peters and Edward Stringham
- on YouTube, video-segment on CNBC (September 2006)
- The Catastrophe of What Passes for Alcohol Policy Analysis, By Edward Stringham; Project director Adrian Moore
- Stringham Media archives at the Mises Institute
- on YouTube
- Edward Stringham publications indexed by Google Scholar
- "Edward Stringham". JSTOR.