|Full name||A. Edward Toohey|
|Died||26 November 1979 (aged 53)
Wigan, Greater Manchester, England
A. Edward "Ted" Toohey (birth registered October→December 1926 – 26 November 1979) was an English professional rugby league footballer of the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s, and coached in the 1970s. He played at representative level for Great Britain, and England, and at club level for Wigan, Barrow and Liverpool City, as a centre, or scrum-half/halfback, i.e. number 3 or 4, or, 7, and coached at club level for Wigan.
Challenge Cup Final appearances
Ted Toohey played scrum-half/halfback in Barrow's 0–10 defeat by Wigan in the 1950–51 Challenge Cup Final during the 1950–51 season at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 5 May 1951, and played scrum-half/halfback in the 21–12 victory over Workington Town in the 1954–55 Challenge Cup Final during the 1954–55 season at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 30 April 1955, in front of a crowd of 66,513.
County Cup Final appearances
Ted Toohey played left-centre, i.e. number 4, and scored a try in Wigan's 3–7 defeat by Widnes in the 1945–46 Lancashire County Cup Final during the 1945–46 season at Wilderspool Stadium, Warrington on Saturday 27 October 1945.
Toohey started his career with hometown club Wigan. He later moved to Barrow, where he formed a successful half-back partnership with stand-off Willie Horne. He also went on to play for Liverpool City.
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Champion's battle". The Guardian. 27 November 1979. p. 24. (Subscription required (. ))
- England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- "England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Edgar, Harry (2007). Rugby League Journal Annual 2008 Page-110. Rugby League Journal Publishing. ISBN 0-9548355-3-0
- "1950–1951 Challenge Cup Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.