|Born||Manchester, Connecticut, US|
|Occupation||Writer, yoga teacher, film director|
Edward Vilga (born Manchester, Connecticut) is an American author of books, plays, and films. His work is often themed around transformation and forgiveness and stem from his experiences as an American yoga teacher. Edward Vilga graduated from Yale University after majoring in English Literature.
After graduating from Yale, Vilga held many jobs in film projection, beginning by work for documentary filmmaker Helen C. Whitney. He was also the associate producer of "Tilt 23 1/2," an international television news magazine produced by Fujisanskei Communications that aired in 72 countries.
Vilga wrote and directed the feature film "Dead Broke" (Warner Brothers DVD, 2006). It won several best direct-to-DVD awards and on May 3, 1999 in a joint venture with the TriBeCa Film Center, Microsoft and ifilm.com, became the first film to debut simultaneously on the Internet and the big screen.
"Miracle in Rwanda," a play Edward Vilga directed and co-created with performer Leslie Lewis Sword, has toured the world with more than 150 performances over 6 continents. The Village Voice said that "Sword's one-woman performance makes riveting theater" and The British Theatre Guide called it " A truly compelling story and a reminder of the power and purpose of theatre”.
Edward Vilga’s novel Downward Dog was released in paperback by Diversion Books in June 2014.
His book The Yoga of Money Manifesto was released by Stone Heap Publishing in March 2017 and hit #1 for all of New Thought.
Edward Vilga is the creator of the bestselling course on DailyOM titled "A Year to Get Rich With Purpouse" that currently has over 15,000 students enrolled.
- The Yoga of Money Manifesto (2017) Stone Heap Publishing. ISBN 978-0-6928-6894-2
- Downward Dog (2014) Diversion Books. ISBN 978-1-6268-1323-6
- Yoga for Suits (2006) Running Press. ISBN 978-0-7624-2621-8
- Yoga in Bed (2005) Running Press. ISBN 978-0-7624-2341-5
- Acting Now: Conversations on Craft and Career (1997) Rutgers University Press. ISBN 978-0-8135-2403-0
- Miracle in Rwanda
- Dead Broke (Warner Brothers DVD, 2006)
- Huges, Martin. "Yoga in Bed".
- "WEDDINGS; Nela Wagman and Edward Vilga". The New York Times. January 1, 1995.
- "Dead Broke (1998): Overview". The New York Times.
- "Yoga in Bed". CBC News. Retrieved June 6, 2006.
- "Yoga in Bed: 20 Asanas to do in Pajamas". Running Press Book Publishers, Edition: Spiral-bound, April 30, 2005. ISBN 978-0-7624-2341-5.
- Acting Now: Conversations on Craft and Career in Google Books.
- "Miracle in Rwanda- Home Page". Archived from the original on June 17, 2013.
- Beer, John. "Survive, She Said". Retrieved April 17, 2007.
- Louise, Hill. "Miracle in Rwanda: Fringe 2007 Reviews". The British Theatre Guide.
- "Downward Dog by Edward Vilga- Paperback edition". Diversion Books. June 6, 2006. ISBN 978-1-6268-1323-6.
- results, search (2017-03-28). The Yoga Of Money Manifesto: A Radical New Way to Connect Your Mind, Body, Spirit, and Bank Account. Stone Heap Publishing. ISBN 9780692868942.
- "A Year to Get Rich with Purpose". www.dailyom.com. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Yoga for suits: 30 no sweat power poses to do in pinstripes". Running Press Book Publishers. ISBN 978-0-7624-2621-8.