This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Manchester, Connecticut, US|
|Occupation||Writer, yoga teacher, film director|
Edward Vilga (born Manchester, Connecticut) is an American wellness authority and author of books, plays, and films. His work is often themed around transformation, connections between spirituality and wealth, and the power of forgiveness and stems from his experiences as an American yoga teacher. Edward Vilga graduated from Yale University after majoring in English Literature.
After graduating from Yale, Vilga held many jobs in film projection, beginning by work for documentary filmmaker Helen C. Whitney. He was also the associate producer of "Tilt 23 1/2," an international television news magazine produced by Fujisanskei Communications that aired in 72 countries. Edward Vilga produced numerous Off-Broadway productions with Watermark Theater, including the Obie Award-Winning My Left Breast by Susan Miller. He then began writing, directing and producing his own projects in a variety of media.
Vilga is the author of Yoga in Bed (Running Press; 2005) and Yoga for Suits (Running Press; 2006) which have been translated into more than a dozen languages. Those books and DVDs have been featured in People Magazine, Oprah’s O Magazine, and LIVE WITH KELLY!
Edward Vilga’s novel Downward Dog was released in paperback by Diversion Books in June 2014. The novel incorporates yoga poses (Asanas) and paints a humorously unflattering picture of a man of the world who decides to become a private yoga teacher in New York society.
His book The Yoga of Money Manifesto was released by Stone Heap Publishing in March 2017 and hit #1 for all of New Thought.
"Miracle in Rwanda," a play Edward Vilga directed and co-created with performer Leslie Lewis, has toured the world with more than 150 performances over 6 continents. The Village Voice said that Lewis’ "one-woman performance makes riveting theater". Broadway Baby called the piece “An engaging and important theatrical work with absolutely no gimmicks" and noted that "with the combination of the strong performance and beautiful writing, Miracle in Rwanda is an absolute must-see."
Vilga wrote and directed the feature film "Dead Broke" (Warner Brothers DVD, 2006). It won several best direct-to-DVD awards and on May 3, 1999 in a joint venture with the TriBeCa Film Center, Microsoft and ifilm.com, became the first film to debut simultaneously on the Internet and the big screen.
Edward Vilga also associate produced the independent film “With Child” (Summer Hill Films, 2014) which was nominated for Best World Showcase at the Soho Film Festival. The Hollywood Reporter said, “An auspicious feature debut with this comedy-drama…. With Child displays a refreshing quirkiness bolstered by its clever screenplay, which features a multitude of funny one-liners.”
Edward Vilga is the creator of four bestselling courses on DailyOM, particularly "A Year to Get Rich With Purpose" that currently has over 30,000 students enrolled.
- The Yoga of Money Manifesto (2017) Stone Heap Publishing. ISBN 978-0-6928-6894-2
- Downward Dog (2014) Diversion Books. ISBN 978-1-6268-1323-6
- Upward Dog (2010) CreateSpace Independent Publishing. ISBN 978-1456344436
- Yoga for Suits (2006) Running Press. ISBN 978-0-7624-2621-8
- Yoga in Bed (2005) Running Press. ISBN 978-0-7624-2341-5
- Acting Now: Conversations on Craft and Career (1997) Rutgers University Press. ISBN 978-0-8135-2403-0
- Miracle in Rwanda
- Dead Broke (Warner Brothers DVD, 2006)
- Hanc, John. "What the Future Holds". Yoga Journal. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- "WELLNESS WORKSHOPS". PowerHour2.0. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- Hughes, Martin. "Yoga in bed". Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- "WEDDINGS; Nela Wagman and Edward Vilga". The New York Times. January 1, 1995. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- "My Left Breast". Sun Productions.
- "My Left Breast at the McGinn Cazale Theatre". New York Theatre Guide. August 16, 2008. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- "Artist, Writer, Director Edward Vilga | Inspiring People | Living Louder | DanaRoc.com". www.danaroc.com. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- "Yoga in Bed". CBS News. June 6, 2006. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- Vilga, Edward, 1963- (2005). Yoga in bed : 20 asanas to do in pyjamas. Philadelphia, Pa.: Running Press. ISBN 0762423412. OCLC 57528283.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Live With Regis and Kelly". Youtube. June 2006. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- Vilga, Edward, 1963- (1997). Acting now : conversations on craft and career. New Brunswick, N.J.: Rutgers University Press. ISBN 0813524024. OCLC 35762660.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Vilga, Edward, 1963-. Downward dog. New York. ISBN 9781626813236. OCLC 961161022.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- McGee, Kristin (June 11, 2013). "'Downward dog'–A funny, sexy, must read book for the summer!". Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- Vilga, Edward, 1963-. The yoga of money manifesto : a radical new way to connect your mind, body, spirit and bank account. New York. ISBN 9780692868942. OCLC 1031006178.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Beer, John (April 17, 2007). "Survive, She Said". Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- Andrade, Fritzie (August 9, 2007). "Miracle in Rwanda". Broadway Baby. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- "Miracle in Rwanda". web.archive.org. June 17, 2013. Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- "Stages of Reconciliation: Miracle in Rwanda". events.stanford.edu. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- "MIRACLE IN RWANDA Will Premiere Off-Broadway On Theater Row". BroadwayWorld.com. February 12, 2019. Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- "Miracle in Rwanda". Miracle in Rwanda. Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- "'Miracle in Rwanda' play at the United Nations". Permanent Mission of Rwanda to the United Nations. April 4, 2019. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- "About | Home | Miracle In Rwanda: United Nations Gala". MIR UN - Rwanda Main. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- Desk, BWW News. "Photo Flash: MIRACLE IN RWANDA Performs At The United Nations". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- "Dead Broke - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - The New York Times". web.archive.org. June 16, 2008. Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- "Edward Vilga - IMDbPro". pro.imdb.com. Retrieved April 22, 2019.
- "With Child - IMDbPro". pro.imdb.com. Retrieved April 22, 2019.
- "'With Child': Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 22, 2019.
- "A Year to Get Rich with Purpose". www.dailyom.com. Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- "How Do You Achieve Financial Well-Being?". EverydayHealth.com. Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- "Edward Vilga on mindbodygreen". mindbodygreen. Retrieved April 20, 2019.
- "Yoga for suits: 30 no sweat power poses to do in pinstripes". Running Press Book Publishers. ISBN 978-0-7624-2621-8.