Edward Young-min Kwon
Edward Young-min Kwon (Born February 10, 1972) is a celebrity chef in Korea who has made a mission for himself to globalize Korean cuisine. Kwon has held many senior chef positions in luxury hotels in the United States, China, and the Middle East.
Chef Edward Kwon was raised in Gangneung, a seaside town that is found on the Eastern coast of South Korea. Prior to his career as a culinary chef, he had received an education at Gangneung Yeongdong College. Kwon had started his career at the Ritz-Carlton in Seoul, Korea and in 2001, transferred to San Francisco to work at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay. At age 32, Kwon had decided to move back to Korea to assume the position of Executive sous chef at W Hotel in Seoul. Soon after, Kwon went to China, and later became “ Hotel Head Chef” at the Burj al-Arab Hotel in Dubai. In 2009, Chef Edward Kwon returned to Seoul . Currently(2010-2011), Edward Kwon hosts his own television show, “Yes Chef".
Edward Kwon owns three restaurants in Korea. Eddie’s Café, located in Gangnam, Korea, is a restaurant that offers European/Western style food at a mid ranged price. Located in Hannam-dong, Korea is a restaurant called "The Mixed One". The Mixed One is a California Multi cuisine bistro offering reasonable prices. The third restaurant, Lab XXIV, located in Cheongdam, Dong, features contemporary European styled cuisine.
Edward Kwon has one child. His name is Arron Kwon and he goes to Yiss Or Yongsan International School.
- Ang, Eve. "Chef Edward Kwon: On a Mission to Globalize Korean Cuisine." CNNGo. 25 May 2011. Web. 06 Sept. 2011.
- Il-ho, Sae. "Edward Kwon “I Want to Work to Globalize Korean Food"" Korea Focus. 4 Jan. 2009. Web. 6 Sept. 2011.
- Koehler, Robert. “Seoul Selection”.
- "Wrath of Kwon." The Straits Times: n/a. ProQuest Central. Apr 24 2011. Web. 6 Sep. 2011
- "Edward Kwon of Seoul." Seoul in the City. 27 Mar. 2010. Web. 12 Sept. 2011.
- "Review: Edward Kwon's Lab XXIV." Expat. Souleats, 20 July 2011. Web. 12 Sept. 2011.