Location in Eagle County and the state of Colorado
|• Total||39.7 sq mi (102.8 km2)|
|• Land||39.7 sq mi (102.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||7,221 ft (2,201 m)|
|• Density||208/sq mi (80.3/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0204666|
Edwards is a census-designated place (CDP) in Eagle County, Colorado, United States. Edwards is the principal community of the Edwards Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 10,266 at the 2010 census. The Edwards Post Office has the ZIP Code 81632.
Edwards is located at (39.640178, -106.592325).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 39.7 square miles (103 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 8,257 people, 2,852 households, and 1,888 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 207.9 people per square mile (80.3/km²). There were 3,953 housing units at an average density of 99.6 per square mile (38.4/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 82.39% White, 0.34% African American, 0.40% Native American, 0.82% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 14.56% from other races, and 1.44% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 27.24% of the population. There are a number of Jews in the population.  
There were 2,852 households out of which 36.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.4% were married couples living together, 5.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.8% were non-families. 18.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 1.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.89 and the average family size was 3.24.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 25.4% under the age of 18, 9.9% from 18 to 24, 40.4% from 25 to 44, 21.4% from 45 to 64, and 2.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 116.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 122.1 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $70,869, and the median income for a family was $83,887. Males had a median income of $42,009 versus $31,377 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $39,784. About 2.9% of families and 6.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.0% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Colorado Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "‘Medicine and Morals' class coming to Edwards". Vail Daily. February 10, 2011.
- "'Kabbalah of You' course offered in Edwards". Vail, CO Colorado. Vail Daily. October 25, 2012.
- www.EdwardsColorado.com - Restaurants, Real Estate, Weather, Map, Population, Zip Code
- Current Information, Calendar of Events and Coupons For The Edwards Area