Edwin Baker (American football)
Baker 2014 at Browns training camp
|No. 27 New Orleans Saints|
|Date of birth:||June 1, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Highland Park, Michigan|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Oak Park (MI)|
|NFL draft:||2012 / Round: 7 / Pick: 250|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Practice Squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Edwin Baker (born June 1, 1991) is an American football running back for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the seventh round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Michigan State.
San Diego Chargers
On December 10, 2013, the Cleveland Browns signed Baker to their active roster, off of the Houston Texans practice squad. In his debut, on December 15, 2013 against the Chicago Bears, Baker scored his first touchdown in the NFL on a short run. The Browns still lost 38-31. In just three games with Cleveland, Baker finished in 3rd in rushing yards and tied for the team lead in rushing touchdowns with two. On August 25, 2014 Baker was cut by the Browns.
New Orleans Saints
Baker was signed to the New Orleans Saints practice squad on September 16, 2014. He was moved to the active roster on October 25, 2014 after injuries to two other running backs, Pierre Thomas and Khiry Robinson.
- Michigan State running back Edwin Baker selected by San Diego Chargers in seventh round of NFL draft
- Gehlken, Michael (August 25, 2013). "Chargers cut 10 players; more coming". U-T San Diego. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- The Browns have made roster moves.
- Mitchell, Fred (December 15, 2013). "Cutler, Bears rally for 38-31 victory". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- Saints add running back Edwin Baker to practice squad, release Trevin Wade
- "New Orleans Saints promote Edwin Baker from practice squad", The Times-Picayune, October 25, 2014.