Ed Young (pastor)
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2014)|
Pastor Ed Young of Fellowship Church
|Born||Edwin Barry Young
March 16, 1961
Canton, North Carolina
|Occupation||Pastor, Writer, Speaker, Artist|
|Notable works||The Sexperiment, The Marriage Mirror, Outrageous, Contagious Joy|
|Notable awards||New York Times Best Seller
|Children||LeeBeth, Laurie, Landra, EJ|
Edwin Barry "Ed" Young (born 16 March 1961) is the founding and senior pastor of Fellowship Church. His international ministry includes the televised broadcast, Ed Young Television, C3 Global and Fellowship Live.
Born in Canton, North Carolina, Young is the oldest son of Homer Edwin Young, senior pastor of Second Baptist Church Houston in Houston, Texas. He attended and played basketball at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, where he received a basketball scholarship. After his sophomore year, he transferred to Houston Baptist University where he received his bachelor’s degree followed by a Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.
Early Ministry Work
Young was called into the ministry during his sophomore year at Florida State University. He soon returned to Houston, Texas to attend Houston Baptist University and to work at his father's church as an associate pastor.
In February, 1990, Young began Fellowship Church out of a rented office complex before moving to an arts center. In 1996, Fellowship Church moved into Irving’s MacArthur High School to accommodate five weekend services and a weekly attendance of 5,000. Fellowship Church opened its first permanent facility on a 141-acre (0.57 km2) property in Grapevine, Texas in 1998.
In 2003, Fellowship Church opened its first two satellite locations in Plano and Fort Worth, TX. A third satellite campus launched two years later in Dallas, TX. Between the four locations, weekly attendance was over 20,000. In May 2006, Fellowship Church opened a satellite campus in South Miami.
In 2008, Fellowship Church hosted its first summer camp and retreat center in Hawkins, TX at Allaso Ranch. Another Texas location opened in 2013 in Keller/Southlake. Fellowship Church also has a campus in London, England.
Fellowship was listed as one of the Most Influential Churches in America according to a 2007 survey.
- Young, Ed (2011). The Sexperiment. Hachette Digital, Inc. ISBN 978-0446582711.
- Young, Ed (2008). The Marriage Mirror - Reflecting God in Your Marriage. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-1934146835.
- Young, Ed (2007). Beauty Full - Becoming More Than Just Pretty. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-1934146460.
- Young, Ed (2007). Outrageous, Contagious Joy. Berkley Trade. ISBN 978-0425219089.
- Young, Ed (2006). In The Zone. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581387.
- Young, Ed (2006). The Creative Leader – Unleashing the Power of Your Creative Potential. B&H Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0805431773.
- Young, Ed (2006). X-Trials : Takin' Life to the Extreme. Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-1574941210.
- Young, Ed (2005). You! The Journey to the Center of Your Worth. Howard Books. ISBN 978-1451646146.
- Young, Ed (2004). Kid CEO - How to Keep Your Children From Running Your Life. FaithWords. ISBN 978-0446691772.
- Young, Ed (2004). Rating Your Dating While Waiting For Mating. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581318.
- Young, Ed (2003). Know Fear - Facing Life's Six Most Common Phobias. B&H Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0805425727.
- Young, Ed (2003). High Definition Living – Bringing Clarity to Your Life’s Mission. Howard Books. ISBN 978-1582292908.
- Young, Ed (2002). The Creative Marriage - The Art of Keeping Your Love Alive. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581301.
- Young, Ed (2002). Can We Do That? 24 Innovative Practices That Will Change the Way You Do Church. Howard Publishing Company. ISBN 978-1582292380.
- Young, Ed (1997). Fatal Distractions – Overcoming Obstacles That Mess Up Our Lives. Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-0785276661.