Ed Young (pastor)
Pastor Ed Young of Fellowship Church
|Born||Edwin Barry Young|
March 16, 1961
Canton, North Carolina
|Occupation||Pastor, Writer, Speaker, Artist|
|Notable works||The Sexperiment, The Marriage Mirror, Outrageous, Contagious Joy|
|Notable awards||New York Times Best Seller |
|Children||LeeBeth, Laurie, Landra, EJ|
Edwin Barry "Ed" Young (born March 16, 1961) is the founding and senior pastor of Fellowship Church. He is New York Times and Amazon Best-Selling author, with an international ministry that includes the televised broadcast, Ed Young Television, C3 Global, the C3 Conference, and Fellowship Live.
Born in Canton, North Carolina, Young is the oldest son of Homer Edwin Young, senior pastor of Second Baptist Church Houston in Houston, Texas. He attended and played basketball at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, where he received a basketball scholarship. After his sophomore year, he transferred to Houston Baptist University where he received his bachelor's degree followed by a Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas.
Early Ministry Work
Young was called into the ministry during his sophomore year at Florida State University. He soon returned to Houston, Texas to attend Houston Baptist University and to work at his father's church as an associate pastor.
In February 1990, Young began Fellowship Church out of a rented office complex before moving to an arts center. In 1996, Fellowship Church moved into Irving's MacArthur High School to accommodate five weekend services and a weekly attendance of 5,000. Fellowship Church opened its first permanent facility on a 141-acre (0.57 km2) property in Grapevine, Texas in 1998.
In 2003, Fellowship Church opened its first two satellite locations in Plano and Fort Worth, TX. A third satellite campus launched two years later in Dallas, TX. Between the four locations, weekly attendance was over 20,000. In May 2006, Fellowship Church opened a satellite campus in South Miami, FL; Keller/Southlake, TX in 2013; and another satellite location in North Port Florida in 2017. In August 2018, Journey Church in Norman, OK became Fellowship Church Norman.
In 2008, Fellowship Church hosted its first summer camp and retreat center in Hawkins, TX at Allaso Ranch.
Ed Young and Fellowship Church have hosted notable guests over the years including: Troy Aikman, Tony Romo, Ryan Tannehil, Willie and Korie Robertson of Duck Dynasty, Rev Run, Chris Kyle, Marcus Luttrell, and Oliver North.
When the country of Haiti was struck by an earthquake in 2010, Fellowship Church and C3 Global began proving relief and to date has provided almost 11 million meals. In partnership with C3 Global, FC hosts an annual retreat for Gold Star families with America's Mighty Warriors, with past guests Rick Perry, Glenn Beck, and Mike Huckabee. In 2016, Fellowship Church opened its first prison campus in with God Behind Bars. It has since opened 2 more prison campuses. In 2017, Fellowship Church participated in relief recovery for those impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- Young, Ed (2015). Fifty Shades of They: Insights That Bring Life to Your Relationship. Printopya. ISBN 978-1942306030.
- Young, Ed (2011). The Sexperiment. Hachette Digital, Inc. ISBN 978-0446582711.
- Young, Ed (2008). The Marriage Mirror - Reflecting God in Your Marriage. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-1934146835.
- Young, Ed (2007). Beauty Full - Becoming More Than Just Pretty. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-1934146460.
- Young, Ed (2007). Outrageous, Contagious Joy. Berkley Trade. ISBN 978-0425219089.
- Young, Ed (2006). In The Zone. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581387.
- Young, Ed (2006). The Creative Leader – Unleashing the Power of Your Creative Potential. B&H Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0805431773.
- Young, Ed (2006). X-Trials : Takin' Life to the Extreme. Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-1574941210.
- Young, Ed (2005). You! The Journey to the Center of Your Worth. Howard Books. ISBN 978-1451646146.
- Young, Ed (2004). Kid CEO - How to Keep Your Children From Running Your Life. FaithWords. ISBN 978-0446691772.
- Young, Ed (2004). Rating Your Dating While Waiting For Mating. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581318.
- Young, Ed (2003). Know Fear - Facing Life's Six Most Common Phobias. B&H Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0805425727.
- Young, Ed (2003). High Definition Living – Bringing Clarity to Your Life’s Mission. Howard Books. ISBN 978-1582292908.
- Young, Ed (2002). The Creative Marriage - The Art of Keeping Your Love Alive. Creality Publishing. ISBN 978-0972581301.
- Young, Ed (2002). Can We Do That? 24 Innovative Practices That Will Change the Way You Do Church. Howard Publishing Company. ISBN 978-1582292380.
- Young, Ed (1997). Fatal Distractions – Overcoming Obstacles That Mess Up Our Lives. Thomas Nelson. ISBN 978-0785276661.
- "Ed Young | Fellowship Church". fellowshipchurch.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Ed Young's Controversial 'Sexperiment' Book Debuts on NY Times Best Sellers List". Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "My C3 Global". My C3 Global. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "C3 Conference 2019 - Discover the Raw & Real of Ministry | Dallas, TX". C3 Conference. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Fellowship Live". fellowshiplive.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Ed Young College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com". College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Interactives: Are the Park Cities ready for Pastor Ed and Lisa? | FD Luxe". res.dallasnews.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "About Us - Allaso Ranch". Allaso Ranch. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Pastor Ed Young Jr. Interviews Quarterback Tony Romo; Poses 'The Quarterback Question' to Congregation". Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "C.A.M.O. | Ed Young Sermons with Ed Young". Ed Young Sermons. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Rev Run to Preach at Fellowship Church in Grapevine - D Magazine". D Magazine. 2011-10-14. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Real American Heroes | Fellowship Church". fellowshipchurch.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "NRA's New President Oliver North Makes a Stop in North Texas". NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Global Missions | Fellowship Church". fellowshipchurch.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Fellowship Church Prison Campus | Fellowship Church". fellowshipchurch.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Religious organizations across Dallas-Fort Worth providing relief for Hurricane Harvey victims". Dallas News. 2017-08-30. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Ed Young TV". Roku Guide. 2013-05-31. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Service, Katherine Davis-Young | Religion News (2016-01-29). "Netflix introduces televangelist shows". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-06-05.