|Secretary-General of the Caribbean Community|
August 1992 – December 2010
|Preceded by||Roderick Rainford|
|Succeeded by||Lolita Applewhaite (acting)|
|Born||Parlatuvier, Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago|
Born in Parlatuvier in Tobago, Carrington attended the University College of the West Indies and McGill University, Montreal, Canada, earning a BA degree in Economics. He subsequently earned a MA degree in economics from the University of the West Indies. He briefly served as a Junior Research Fellow at the Institute of Social and Economic Research (ISER), University of the West Indies (UWI).
Carrington joined the CARIFTA Secretariat, as CARICOM was then called, advancing to the position of Director of the Trade and Integration Division. In 1975, Carrington served as the CARICOM representative during negotiations for the Lomé Convention. From 1985 to 1990, Carrington served as Secretary-General of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP), previously serving as Deputy Secretary-General from 1977. He became the Secretary-General of the Caribbean Community in August 1992 serving until December 2010. This tenure marks him as the longest serving Secretary-General of the Caribbean Community. Carrington is a member of Washington D.C. based think tank the Inter-American Dialogue. He currently serves as the Ambassador of Trinidad and Tobago to the Caribbean Community.
- Knight Commander of the Order of the Nation (KCN) (Antigua and Barbuda)
- Trinity Cross (TC)
- Chaconia Medal (CM)
- Companion of Honour of Barbados (CHB)
- Member of the Order of the Caribbean Community (OCC)
- Grand Cross with Silver Breast Star of the Order of Merit of Duarte, Sanchez and Mella
- The Cacique's Crown of Honour (CCH) 
- Honorary Member of the Order of Jamaica (OJ Hon.) 
- Grand Cordon of the Honorary Order of the Yellow Star
- Commander of the Order of Civil Merit (Spain)
- Commander of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- "THE CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY (CARICOM) SECRETARIAT". The Caribbean Community. 2011. Archived from the original on 31 August 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Carrington appointed Ambassador to Caricom | Trinidad Express Newspaper | News". Trinidadexpress.com. 2011-06-02. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "CITATION Presented to SIR EDWIN WILBERFORCE CARRINGTON On the occasion of the conferment of the award of the ORDER OF THE CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY" (PDF). caricom.org/jsp/pressreleases. CARICOM. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 March 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Inter-American Dialogue | Experts". www.thedialogue.org. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Remarks by H.E. Edwin Wilberforce Carrington, Secretary General, Caribbean Community (CARICOM), at the ceremony bestowing on him the Award of Knight Commander (ad honorem) of the Most Distinguished Order of the Nation (KCN), 05 November 2010, St. John's". Caricom. Archived from the original on 31 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Sir Edwin Carrington Receives Order of Caribbean Community". Caribjournal.com. 2011-07-02. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- Ali, Azad (2010-10-28). "Suriname honors CARICOM secretary general • Caribbean Life". Caribbeanlifenews.com. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "His Excellency Edwin W. Carrington, Secretary_General of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) is presented with the insignia for the Commander of Number of the Order of Civil Merit of Spain, 23 March 2010, Kingston, Jamaica". Caricom. Archived from the original on 3 February 2013. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Italy presents its bid to host the 2015 Universal Registered Exhibition in Milan and bestows the Secretary-General of CARICOM, H.E. Edwin Carrington with Italy's Commander Class Order of Merit, March 2007". Caricom.org. Archived from the original on 12 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-02.