Ríos with the Tulsa Drillers
|Los Angeles Dodgers – No. 43|
|First baseman / Third baseman|
|Born: April 21, 1994|
Caguas, Puerto Rico
|June 27, 2019, for the Los Angeles Dodgers|
|MLB statistics |
(through September 13, 2019)
|Runs batted in||6|
Edwin Gabriel Ríos (born April 21, 1994) is a Puerto Rican professional baseball first baseman and third baseman for the Los Angeles Dodgers of Major League Baseball (MLB). Ríos was drafted by the Dodgers in the 6th round of the 2015 MLB draft out of Florida International University.
Ríos began his professional career with the Arizona League Dodgers in 2015 but was quickly promoted to the Ogden Raptors of the Pioneer Baseball League. He hit .253 in 22 games for the two teams. He began 2016 with the Great Lakes Loons of the Midwest League, hitting .252 with six homers and 13 RBI in 33 games, earning a promotion to the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes of the California League, where he hit .367 with 16 homers and 46 RBI in 42 games. He was promoted again, to the Tulsa Drillers of the Texas League. He was named the Dodgers organizational minor league player of the year for 2016. Ríos was named as a starter in the Texas League mid-season all-star game in 2017. For the season, he played in 128 games between Tulsa and AAA Oklahoma City and hit .309 with 24 homers and 91 RBI.
The Dodgers added him to their 40-man roster after the 2018 season. He returned to Oklahoma City to begin 2019 and was promoted to the majors for the first time on June 27. He made his debut that night as a pinch hitter against the Colorado Rockies and groundout to first base. His first major league hit was a triple off of Jon Gray of the Rockies on June 29. On August 14, 2019, Ríos hit his first two major league home runs off of Elieser Hernández of the Miami Marlins.
- "Edwin Rios Minor League Statistics & History". Baseball Reference.
- Stephen, Eric (September 2, 2016). "Brock Stewart, Edwin Rios named Dodgers minor league pitcher, player of the year". SB Nation. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- Tulsa Drillers (June 14, 2017). "Nine Drillers Named to 2017 TL All-Star Game". milb.com. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Gurnick, Ken (November 20, 2018). "Prospect Ruiz among 5 added to 40-man roster". mlb.com. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Unruh, Jacob (April 4, 2019). "OKC Dodgers: Stars have been produced, so who's next?". The Oklahoman. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- Harris, Blake (June 27, 2019). "Dodgers recall Edwin Ríos and Zac Rosscup". SB Nation. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- "Los Angeles Dodgers at Colorado Rockies Box Score, June 27, 2019". Baseball Reference. Retrieved June 28, 2019.
- "Los Angeles Dodgers at Colorado Rockies Box Score, June 29, 2019". Baseball Reference. Retrieved June 30, 2019.
- De Nicola, Christina (August 14, 2019). "Rios smacks 1st career HR ... and doesn't stop". mlb.com. Retrieved August 14, 2019.