|Full name||Edwin Ernesto Sánchez Vigil|
|Date of birth||February 21, 1990|
|Place of birth||Santa Tecla, El Salvador|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|San Salvador Academy|
|2008||Defensa y Justicia (youth team)|
|El Salvador U-20|
|El Salvador U-21|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of April 14, 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of April 14, 2017
Sánchez started his career at lower league side Turín FESA before a stint in Argentinian youth football. He returned to El Salvador to play for Salvadoran Second Division Santa Tecla and made his debut in the top tier with C.D. UES a year later. He signed up with FAS before the 2011 Apertura tournament.
Sánchez made his debut for El Salvador in an October 2010 friendly match against Panama. Edwin Sánchez was called up by José Luis Rugamas to train with the senior team in preparation for the 2011 Central American Cup on January 2010. He has represented his country in 6 FIFA World Cup qualification matches, was successfully able to participate in the 2011 Copa Centroamericana and was a non-playing squad member at the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup. He scored his first goal in a 2–1 win against Venezuela.
- Scores and results list El Salvador's goal tally first.
|1||7 August 2011||RFK Memorial Stadium, Washington, United States||Venezuela||2–1||2–1||Friendly match|
|1||11 November 2011||André Kamperveen Stadion, Paramaribo, Suriname||Suriname||3–0||3–1||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
A.D. Isidro Metapán
Primera División: (1) Apertura 2011
- Profile - El Gráfico (Spanish)
- "Preliminary squad released" (in Spanish). El Grafico. 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- Edwin Sánchez – FIFA competition record
- Copa Centroamericana 2011 (UNCAF Nations Cup) Archived March 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF
- El Salvador Roster - Gold Cup
- Edwin Sánchez at National-Football-Teams.com