Edwina Louise Christie Bartholomew
5 July 1983
|Residence||Woollahra, New South Wales|
|Alma mater||Charles Sturt University|
|Occupation||Journalist, TV presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Neil Varcoe (m. 2018)|
Edwina Louise Christie Bartholomew (born 5 July 1983) is an Australian journalist and television presenter. Bartholomew is currently a presenter on Sunrise and co-host of Australian Spartan. She has previously been a co-host of Dancing with the Stars.
Bartholomew completed her journalism degree at Charles Sturt University in Bathurst, New South Wales and also completed a Masters of International Studies in 2006 at Sydney University. She won a Sunrise Intern competition, where she progressed from making coffee to producing the show.
She later returned to Australia and continued to work as a reporter for Seven News before signing on as Sunrise's Sydney correspondent in 2011, replacing Simon Reeve. She has also filed stories for Sunday Night. Her stories with Sunrise and The Morning Show have taken her from the Queensland floods and Christchurch earthquake to the Camel Cup in Alice Springs and Tamworth Country Music Festival.
In July 2013, Bartholomew was appointed as weather presenter on Sunrise, replacing Grant Denyer. She travelled for the show each day, reporting from various locations around Australia and the world.
In January 2016, Bartholomew announced that she would be leaving her role as weather presenter on Sunrise after three years to become the show's entertainment presenter, and primary fill-in news presenter. She was replaced by Sam Mac.
Bartholomew was born in Whyalla, South Australia. She spent her early years living in Japan and Malaysia. She later boarded at Abbotsleigh school in Wahroonga, Sydney, where she completed her Higher School Certificate and featured in the Distinguished Achievers List.
Edwina lives in Sydney and is married to Neil Varcoe.
5 June 2019 Edwina announced on Sunrise that she is expecting her first child.
- Edwina Bartholomew profile Sunrise
- Edwina Bartholomew, Profile Talent Management
- Edwina Bartholomew to co-host Dancing with the Stars, by David Knox (TV Tonight, 24 September 2013)
- "Seven Unveils Hosts For 2018's Australian Spartan". B&T. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Edwina Bartholomew – Channel 7′s Rising Star by Dan Hutton (The Beast, 26 May 2012)
- "Distinguished Achievers List – 2001 HSC". boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- Edwina Bartholomew smooches beau Neil Varcoe live on air and jokes she 'might do more washing' as pair celebrate her last day on the road as a Sunrise weather presenter, by Alicia Vrajlal (Daily Mail, 29 January 2016)
- "Kochie stunned by Edwina Bartholomew's on-air 'surprise'". NewsComAu. 5 June 2019. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
Entertainment & social media presenter
January 2016 - present
July 2013 - January 2016
| Dancing with the Stars
2013 - 2016
2011 - 2013