Eel River Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
|Eel River Township|
Location in Hendricks County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||42.54 sq mi (110.18 km2)|
|• Land||42.54 sq mi (110.18 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||919 ft (280 m)|
|• Density||39.1/sq mi (15.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453274|
Eel River Township was organized in about 1828.
Eel River Township covers an area of 42.54 square miles (110.2 km2). The streams of East Fork Big Walnut Creek, Hunt Creek, Middle Fork Big Walnut Creek and Ramp Run run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Jackson Township, Boone County (north)
- Union Township (east)
- Center Township (southeast)
- Marion Township (south)
- Jackson Township, Putnam County (southwest)
- Clark Township, Montgomery County (west)
The township contains sixteen cemeteries: Adams, Campbell, Devenport, Fairview, Fleece, Fullen, Gossett, Hypes, Kidd Farm, North Salem Baptist, Page, Pennington, Richardson, Roundtown, Trotter and Zimmerman.
Airports and landing strips
- Reynolds Landing Strip
- "Eel River Township, Hendricks County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- Hadley, John Vestal (1914). History of Hendricks County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 70.