Efreeti (Dungeons & Dragons)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
An image of an efreet
The efreeti is inspired by the ifrit of Arabic mythology.
The efreeti appeared in first edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons in the original Monster Manual (1977). The Pasha of the Efreet, Vizier of the Fire Sultan appeared in the adventure modules Pharaoh (1982), and Oasis of the White Palm (1983).
The efreeti appeared in second edition under the "genie" heading in Monstrous Compendium Volume One (1989), and in the Monstrous Manual (1993). The noble efreeti and the Sultan of the efreet appeared for the Al-Qadim setting in the Monstrous Compendium Al-Qadim Appendix (1992). The efreeti appeared under the genie of Zakhara heading in the Land of Fate boxed set (1992).
The efreet are genies from the Elemental Plane of Fire, which are said to be made of basalt, bronze, and congealed flames.
- Gygax, Gary, and Dave Arneson. Dungeons & Dragons (3-Volume Set) (TSR, 1974)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- Cook, David "Zeb", et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume One (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Baur, Wolfgang and Steve Kurtz. Monstrous Compendium Al-Qadim Appendix (TSR, 1992)
- Williams, Skip, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)