Efva Attling at Stockholm Pride 2014
|Born||Efva Katarina Attling
18 February 1952
She worked as a professional model for twelve years after being spotted by Eileen Ford. She was also noted for being one of Sweden's best professional disco dancers, when she worked with her friend and dancing colleague Annabelle Rice.
Silversmith and jewellery designer
Attling's interest in design had her working for Levi's and H&M and in the mid 1990s she started her own line of jewellery. Her pendant "Homo Sapiens" was worn by Madonna in 1999, and Meryl Streep is also known to wear her jewellery.
She has stores in Sweden, Norway, Finland and New York. The estimated turnover for her company was SEK 100 million in 2011.
Attling is one of five sisters. She was married to pop singer/writer Niklas Strömstedt and by him has two children. She entered a civil union with Swedish pop singer Eva Dahlgren in 1996. In 2009 they got married, after Sweden passed its gender neutral marriage law.
Attling has received a medal from the Royal Swedish Patriotic Society in April 2011, for distinguishing herself as an internationally known jewellery designer.
- X Models discography at Discogs
- X Models discography at Rate Your Music
- sv:Efva Attling[better source needed]
- "Efva Attling biography". moxtex.org.
- Erlandson, Åsa (26 June 1999). "Madonna bär Efvas smycke" [Madonna wears Efva's jewllery]. www.aftonbladet.se. Aftonbladet. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- Grenninger, Anna-Karin (21 September 2011). "Efva gör smycken åt superstjärnorna" [Efva makes jewellery for superstars]. www.alltomstockholm.se. Allt Om Stockholm. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- "Kungliga Patriotiska Sällskapet Pressrelease" (PDF). www.kungligapatriotiskasallskapet.se. Kungliga Patriotiska Sällskapet. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Efva Attling.|
|This article about a Swedish artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|