Egao no Mama de
|"Egao no Mama de"|
|Single by Aya Ueto|
|from the album License|
|Released||February 15, 2006|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Aya Ueto singles chronology|
"Egao no Mama de" (笑顔のままで?, lit. "Still Smiling") is the thirteenth single by Japanese recording artist Aya Ueto, released February 15, 2006 as the third and final single from Ueto's fourth studio album License.
A 30-second sample of the first chorus of "Egao no Mama de."
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"Egao no Mama de" was written and produced by Ryoji from Ketsumeishi, while its title was chosen by Ueto. The song marks Ueto's second consecutive collaboration with Ryoji, who also wrote and produced "Kaze o Ukete" (2005). "Egao no Mama de" is Ueto's first single to not contain a B-side, instead two "mega mixes," one featuring a mash-up of Ueto's singles to date, and the other featuring songs from License, were included.
The theme of the song is growth and its lyrics were inspired by the cherry blossom season, which is commonly associated with encounters and separations. The music video features a scene in which Ueto gets a drastic haircut to reflect her personal growth.
"Egao no Mama de" debuted on the Oricon Daily Singles chart at number 8 on February 14, 2006 and peaked at number 15 on the Oricon Weekly Singles chart, with 9,546 copies sold in its first week. The single charted for four weeks and has sold a total of 12,888 copies.
All tracks written by Ryoji.
|1.||"Egao no Mama de" (笑顔のままで "Still Smiling")||5:19|
|2.||"Ueto-Aya-Mega-Mix File 01 Mega-Hits"||Koma2Kaz, Home Grown, Jazztronik||8:23|
|3.||"Ueto-Aya-Mega-Mix File 02 Prologue of "License""||Koma2Kaz||6:34|
|4.||"Egao no Mama de (Instrumental)"||5:14|
|Oricon Daily Singles||8|
|Oricon Weekly Singles||15|
|SoundScan Japan Weekly Singles||18|
|Taiwan Five Music J-pop/K-pop Chart||19|
|Japan||February 15, 2006||CD, digital download||Pony Canyon|
|Taiwan||February 24, 2006||CD|
- 上戸彩、シングル＆アルバムリリース決定！ (in Japanese). Oricon. 2006-01-19. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- 新曲リリース上戸彩からコメント到着！ (in Japanese). Oricon. 2006-02-15. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- 上戸彩／笑顔のままで (in Japanese). Pony Canyon. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- Tamura, Mariko (田村麻里子?) (2006-02-15). "上戸彩、衝撃の「髪切り」シーン公開〜新曲「笑顔のままで」". RBB Today (in Japanese). IID, Inc. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- アジカンが初日1位☆2/14付 シングルデイリー (in Japanese). 2006-02-15. Archived from the original on 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- 2006年02月第4週の邦楽シングルランキング情報 (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- 笑顔のままで. Oricon (in Japanese). Oricon Research. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- ポニーキャニオン＠売上データ補完スレ (in Japanese). 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- "週間 CDソフト TOP20" (in Japanese). SoundScan Japan. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- "Five Music - 五大唱片(5大唱片) -五大金榜" (in Chinese). Five Music. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- 笑顔のままで (in Japanese). JBooks Corporation. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- 最展笑顏 (in Chinese). Five Music. Retrieved 2011-07-23.