Egara, Paschim Bardhaman
- For city in the east central region of Catalonia, the site of Roman Egara see Terrassa
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||91 341|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Asansol|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Asansol Dakshin|
|Cities and towns in the eastern portion of Asansol Sadar subdivision in Paschim Bardhaman district|
MC: Municipal Corporation, CT: census town, N: neighbourhood, R: rural centre
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Egara is located at .
Jemari (J.K. Nagar Township), Belebathan, Murgathaul, Amkula, Egara, Sahebganj, Raghunathchak and Ballavpur form a cluster of census towns on the western and southern side of Raniganj. Banshra and Baktarnagar are adjacent to Raniganj on the eastern side.
As per the 2011 census, 83.33% of the population of Asansol Sadar subdivision was urban and 16.67% was rural.In 2015, the municipal areas of Kulti, Raniganj and Jamuria were included within the jurisdiction of Asansol Municipal Corporation.Asansol Sadar subdivision has 26 (+1 partly) Census Towns.(partly presented in the map alongside; all places marked on the map are linked in the full-screen map).
As per the 2011 Census of India, Egara had a total population of 7,623 of which 3,918 (51%) were males and 3,705 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 813. The total number of 1literates in Egara was 5,262 (77.27% of the population over 6 years).
As per the 2011 census, the urban agglomeration (UA) centred upon Asansol had a population of 1,243,414. In addition to the erstwhile municipalities of Kulti, Jamuria, and Raniganj subsequently incorporated into the Asansol Municipal Corporation, the agglomeration included the census towns of Amkula, Baktarnagar, Ballavpur, Bhanowara, Domohani, Egara, Jemari (J.K. Nagar Township), Majiara, Murgathaul, Raghunathchak, Sahebganj and Topsi, and also Charanpur, an outgrowth of Jamuria.
As per ECL website telephone numbers, operational collieries in the Satgram Area in 2018 are: Chapui Khas Colliery, JK Nagar Project, Jemehari Colliery, Kalidaspur Project, Kuardi Colliery, Nimcha Colliery, Pure Searsole Colliery, Ratibati Colliery, Satgram Project and Satgram Incline.
As per ECL website telephone numbers, operational collieries in the Kunustoria Area in 2018 are:Amritnagar Colliery, Amrasota Colliery, Bansra Colliery, Belbaid Colliery, Kunustoria Colliery, Mahabir OCP, North Searsole Colliery, Parasea Colliery, Parasea 6 & 7 Incline and Parasea OCP.
- "Census of India 2011, West Bengal: District Census Handbook, Barddhaman" (PDF). Map of Raniganj CD Block, page 215. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Burdwan". Table 2.2, 2.4(a). Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "The Kolkata Gazette" (PDF). Notification No. 335/MA/O/C-4/1M-36/2014 dated 3 June 2015. Department of Municipal Affairs, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "Constituents of Urban Agglomerations having population 1 lakh and above" (PDF). Provisional Population Total, Census of India 2011. Government of India. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "Area wise Closed User Group (CUG) Telephone Numbers" (PDF). Sripur Area. Eastern Coalfields Limited. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "Area wise Closed User Group (CUG) Telephone Numbers" (PDF). Kunustoria Area. Eastern Coalfields Limited. Retrieved 31 August 2018.