Egged Ta'avura (Hebrew: אֶגֶד תַּעֲבוּרָה) is an Israeli bus company. It is a subsidiary of the Egged Bus Cooperative and the Ta'avura Group, and was founded by a merger of two smaller Egged subsidiaries, following privatization and public transportation reform in Israel in the 2000s. Its chairman is Gideon Mizrahi, and the CEO is the retired Israel Police Major General Mickey Levi.
In March 2007, five Egged Ta'avura drivers were killed in a traffic accident in the Ginaton Junction (Highways 40 and 443). A monument was erected for them on the grounds of the Ashkelon Central Bus Station.
Fleet and operations
Egged Ta'avura operates routes in the areas of El'ad, Ashdod, Netanya, Ashkelon and the northern Negev as well as the express routes between Tel Aviv and Beersheba. The company was also slated to operate routes in Beitar Illit, but failed talks with the Illit bus company resulted Illit taking over the transportation in the Israeli settlement and city. It has a fleet of about 650 buses, of which about 220 are used for public transport. Originally, its fleet was entirely rented from Egged on a one-year contract, until it was able to buy new European buses. The rented fleet was mostly transferred to Egged's service in Jerusalem.
The bus routes operated by Egged Ta'avura are:
- All intracity service in Ashdod (since 2007)
- All intracity service in Ashkelon
- All intracity service in Kiryat Gat
- Intracity service in Netanya
- All intracity service in Sderot (route 1), Netivot (routes 1, 2), Ofakim (routes 1, 2) and Kiryat Mal'akhi (routes 1, 2)
- Regional service connecting Ashkelon, Kiryat Gat, Sderot, Netivot, Ofakim and Be'er Sheva between themselves and to smaller communities in the north-western Negev region
- Route 372 from Tel Aviv to Ofakim (Only on Fridays)
- Route 376 from Tel Aviv to Tze'elim via Kiryat Gat, Castina Junction (Malakhi Junction), & Ofakim
- Route 379 from Tel Aviv to the Eshkol Regional Council
- Both direct routes from Tel Aviv to Be'er Sheva: route 370 from the CBS and route 380 from the Arlozorov Terminal (these route are shared by Egged Ta'avura and Metropoline with each company running about one half of the buses)
- Intracity and intercity service in El'ad, including routes to Tel Aviv, Bnei Brak, Petah Tikva, Rosh HaAyin, Kiryat Sefer, Jerusalem and Ashdod
Buses and equipment
In May 2008, Egged Ta'avura signed a NIS 5 million deal with the Ra'anana-based transSpot company to supply its buses with screens that will allow travellers to receive real-time information on stations and their ETAs.
- "Egged Ta'avura - Positions". Retrieved 2008-11-23.[dead link] (Hebrew)
- ניצב בדימוס מיקי לוי מונה ליו"ר אגד תעבורה [Retired Police Major General Mickey Levy Appointed Egged Ta'avura CEO] (in Hebrew). Ynet. 18 February 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- Zinger-Heruti, Ronnie (9 March 2007). הנהג עבר באדום - אחיו ו-5 נהגי "אגד" נהרגו [The Driver Passed Despite a Red Light—His Brother and 5 Egged Drivers were Killed]. Haaretz (in Hebrew). Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- Kariv, Yoni (20 November 2008). "After the Catastrophe, Egged Ta'avura's "Family" Lacks Happiness" (in Hebrew). Retrieved 2008-11-23.[dead link]
- ""Illit" is the Company that will Lead Beitar Illit" (in Hebrew). Beitar Illit Municipality. October 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-23.[dead link]
- פרופיל [Profile] (in Hebrew). Egged Ta'avura. Archived from the original on 2008-08-21. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- All routes can be found in the Egged information system at  (Hebrew)
- "List of intracity routes in Ashdod" (in Hebrew). Egged Ta'avura. Archived from the original on 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- קווים חדשים לתחבורה הציבורית [New route of public transportation] (in Hebrew). Ashdod4u.com. 2007-09-19. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- Lotan, Shay (January 25, 2009). מסוף השבוע - חברת אוטובוסים חדשה [Starting This Weekend: New Bus Company] (in Hebrew). Mynet. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- Ya'akov, Or (30 May 2008). "Soon: Egged Bus Passengers Will Receive Real-Time Information Using a Computer System Developed in Israel". DailyMaily System (ThePeople). Retrieved 2008-11-23.[dead link] (Hebrew)
- טרנספוט תספק מערכת מידע לנוסעים ל – 220 האוטובוסים של אגד תעבורה [TransSpot Will Provide Information System for Passenger of Egged Ta'avura's 220 Buses] (in Hebrew). Economist.co.il. 29 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- "transSpot's Passenger Information System to be integrated on Egged Taavura's 220 bus fleet". transSpot. Retrieved 2008-11-23.[dead link]
- Official website (Hebrew)