Eggs and brains
Eggs 'n' brains is a breakfast meal consisting of pork brains (or those of another mammal) and scrambled eggs. It is a dish of the Portuguese cuisine known as Omolete de Mioleira (English: Brain Omelette). In Austria the dish is known as Hirn mit Ei ("calf's brain with eggs") and used to be very common, but has seen a sharp drop in popularity.
In the United States
In the American Midwest the names are reversed and it is called "brains and eggs". It is also a breakfast dish in the cuisine of the Southern United States. In the U.S., it has also been served as a lunch dish.
- Cunningham, M.; Jarrett, L. (1996). The Fannie Farmer Cookbook. Knopf. p. 210. ISBN 978-0-679-45081-8.
- Anderson, H.A. (2013). Breakfast: A History. The Meals Series. AltaMira Press. p. 75. ISBN 978-0-7591-2165-2.
- McGuigan, D.G. (1962). Vienna Today. W. Frick. p. 182.
- Rombauer, I.S.; Becker, M.R.; Becker, E.; Guarnaschelli, M. (1997). JOC All New Rev. - 1997. Scribner. p. 732. ISBN 978-0-684-81870-2.
- Beard, J. (2009). James Beard's American Cookery. Little, Brown. p. pt891. ISBN 978-0-316-06981-6. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
|This article about Portuguese cuisine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|