Eglė Špokaitė in the role of Kitri
|Born||January 15, 1971 (age 46)
Eglė Špokaitė (born 1971 in Vilnius) is a Lithuanian ballet dancer, prima ballerina of the Lithuanian National Opera and ballet theater (1989–2011). Founder and artistic director of "Ballet Institute of San Diego" in US. as wells as co-founder and artistic director of "Egle Spokaite Ballet School"in Vilnius, Lithuania. Actress, choreographer and public speaker. Winner of the Lithuanian National Prize, as well as other numerous awards and honors. Lives and works between Vilnius and San Diego
Eglė Špokaitė was born in 1971 in Vilnius. After graduating from Vilnius School of Ballet in 1989 became the soloist of the Lithuanian National Opera and ballet theater. Between 1994 and 1996 became a winner of four international ballet competitions. During her career between 1989 and 2011 Eglė Špokaitė performed leading roles at the Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theater. She worked with the Lithuanian masters of International caliber: L.Shulga, Jonas Katakinas. Performed classical roles with leading Russian ballet educators Ninel Kurgapkina, Kseniya Ter-Stepanova. Eglė collaborated with the most prominent of art figures: Mstislav Rostropovich, Maya Pliseckaya, Gidon Kremer, Eimuntas Nekrosius. She performed under the direction of choreographers Giorgi Aleksidze, Krzysztof Pastor, Boris Eifman, Alexei Ratmansky, Gerald Arpino, Alla Sigalova, E.Vicichovska, K.Simonov. As a visiting artist created major roles in Georgian National Opera, Latvian National Opera, Finish National Opera, Karellian Music Theater. In 2009 along with business partner Kristina Sliesoraitiene established ballet School, that today carries the name of "Egle Spokaite Ballet School". Egle also remains the artistic director of the school, which now counts more than 700 students and is the largest private ballet school in the Baltic region. In 2011 Egle Spokaite left the stage of Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theater. March 2015 marked her debut as a choreographer: ballet "The Blue Danube" premiered at Kaunas National Musical Theater, choreographed and libretto edited by Egle. At the time of expansion of her ballet school, Egle also co-founded the international "Vilnius Youth Ballet Competition"  in 2015, dedicated to discovering the young talents from around Europe. Over 200 soloists ages 6-12 from several countries competed in the 2016 competition.
In 2016 Egle Spokaite established the "Ballet Institute of San Diego", dedicated to quality ballet Instruction.
- Giselle in "Giselle". Choreography and staging O. Vinogradov, 1985 m.
- Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet". Choreography by V. Vassilev libretto by Sergei Prokofiev, (1993)
- Kitri and Mercedes in "Don Quixote". Libretto by M. Petipa; choreography by M. Petipa, V. Vasilev (1994)
- Aurora in "The Sleeping Beauty". Libretto by M. Petipa and I. Vsevololozhski; choreography by M. Petipa (1996)
- Marie in "The Nutcracker". Choreography and staging by Andrei Melanin (1996)
- Carmen in "Carmen". Choreography by K. Pastor
- Hippolyta in "A Midsummer Night's Dream". Choreography and libretto by K. Pastor (1998)
- Marina in "Zorba the Greek". Libretto and choreography by L. Massine (1998)
- Ballerina in "Red Giselle". Choreography and libretto by Boris Eifman (2001)
- The Empress in "Russian Hamlet". Choreography and libretto by Boris Eifman (2003)
- Odette-Odile in "Swan Lake". Choreography by M. Petipa and L. Ivanov (2004)
- Desdemona in "Desdemona". Choreography by Kiril Simonov (2005)
- Anna Karenina in "Anna Karenina". Choreography by A. Ratmansky (2005)
- Sacrifice in "The Rite of Spring". (2006)
- Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet". Choreography by Kiril Simonov (2009)
- Olympia in "Copellia". Choreography by Kiril Simonov (2010)
- Desdemona in W. Shakespeare's "Othello". Director Eimuntas Nekrosius, (Meno Fortas, 2000)
- "The Blue Danube" to the music of J. Strauss II, at Kaunas National Music Theater (2015)" 
- W. Shakespeare's "Othello", directed by Eimuntas Nekrosius – filmed in Vilnius Russian Drama Theater (2005)
- Russian Hamlet, choreography and libretto by Boris Eifman (2006)
Awards and honors
Eglė Špokaitė has been honored on numerous occasions for her skills and dedication to Lithuanian culture and Dance:
- First Prize, International ballet competition in Perm (Russia) and a special prize for the best duet (1994)
- Third prize, International Ballet competition "Maya'94" (St. Petersburg, Russia, 1994)
- "Best Ballerina of Lithuania" (1994)
- First prize, Helsinki International Ballet Competition (1995)
- First prize (Gold Medal), Nagoya International competition (Japan, 1996)
- 4th class Order of the Lithuanian Grand Duke Gediminas (1996)
- Lithuanian National Prize - highest honor in Lithuania (1996)
- "Operos Svyturiai" National Award in the category of "Female Ballet Soloist of the Year" (Vilnius, Lithuania, 2002)
- "Operos Svyturiai" National Award in the category of "Female Ballet Soloist of the Year" (Vilnius, Lithuania, 2003)
- Ballet Soloists' Audience Award, (Vilnius, 2003)
- Golden Stage Cross (highest prize for the performing arts in Lithuania) for the outstanding achievements in ballet and dance (Vilnius, Lithuania, 2003)
- Golden Stage Cross for the outstanding achievements in ballet and dance (Vilnius, Lithuania, 2006)
- The grant of The International Maya Plisetskaya and Rodion Shchedrin Foundation for the lifelong dedication to the art of ballet.
- Golden Stage Cross for the role of Olympia in the Leo Delibes "Coppelia“, (2011)
- Ballet Institute of San Diego
- Egle Spokaite Ballet School
- Lithuania: Theatre - A part of Randburg
- Rostropovich at 75: Prokofiev, Shostakovich & Britten, London Symphony Orchestra, 14 – 27 March 2002 (MB, CC & ME)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SaE9D5VwoQ Interview with Maya Plisetskaya about Eglė Špokaitė
- Viola in Vilnius: January 2008
- Krzysztof Pastor - choreographers - The Dutch National Ballet
- Creative Time by Lithuanian TV, 1998
- Performance of Snow White and Seven Dwarths
- Interview by "Kauno Dienos" with Egle Spokaite about "The Blue Danube"
- Vilnius Youth Ballet Competition
- Vilnius Youth Ballet Competition YouTube channel
- Classical Music :: The Classical Source :: Rostropovich conducts Romeo and Juliet :: Classical Music
- Eglė Špokaitė and Igor Yebra perform S.Prokofiev. Romeo and Juliet performed - YouTube
- Ballet-Dance Magazine - Eifman Ballet - Red Giselle - Orange County Performing Arts Center, Costa Mesa, California
- State Academic Ballet Theatre of Saint-Petersburg under Boris Eifman - Ballet "Russian Hamlet"
- Trailer for the Premier of "The Blue Danube".
- Interview for the TV show "Encounters", Lithuania, interviewed by S. Valadka
- Russian Hamlet - Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theatre
- Previous winners
- Order of the Lithuanian Grand Duke Gediminas
- President of the Republic of Lithuania. State Decorations - Order of the Lithuanian Grand Duke Gediminas
- Recipients of the Lithuanian National Prize
- 7 MENO DIENOS. Muzika. Operos švyturiai Archived 7 July 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- lt:Auksinis scenos kryžius
- International Maya Plisetskaya and Rodion Shchedrin Foundation
- Eglė Špokaitė
- Meno Lietuva Archived 5 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Bruveris J., Lietuvos nacionalinis operos ir baleto teatras. – Vilnius, 2006 (in Lithuanian).
- "Auksiniai scenos kryžiai": tarp apdovanotųjų Oskaro Koršunovo "Dugne", Darius Gumauskas, Eglė Mikulionytė ir J.Statkevičius | 15min.lt
- Eglė Špokaitė kuklioje ceremonijoje JAV ištekėjo už mylimojo Dainiaus Mačikėno | Zmones.lt
- Interview with Eglė Špokaitė for the Lithuanian National TV show "Life" (March 2015, in Lithuanian)