||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California|
|Vineet Jain (CEO)|
Egnyte is a company that provides software for enterprise file synchronization and sharing.  The technology can store files in a company’s existing data center, as well as cloud computing storage.
Egnyte received $1 million seed venture capital in 2007, $6 million in July 2009, $10 million in 2011, and $16 million in 2012. Egnyte announced a $29.5 million investment that included Seagate, CenturyLink, Northgate Capital, and prior investors Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures and Polaris Partners. The full list of investors include: Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Floodgate Fund, Polaris Partners, Northgate, CenturyLink and Seagate.
On January 20, 2015, the company announced what it called adaptive enterprise file services, and content intelligence and smart reporting and auditing services. In March 2015, the company unveiled its Egnyte for Google Apps that allows customers to move files between Google Drive and their own data center. Google Apps administrators can set up the integration and then manage permissions.
Egnyte also unveiled new mobile apps in May 2015 for file sharing on platforms including the Apple Watch. By June 2016, Egnyte announced a move into data protection technology, as the file synchronization market was seen to mature. In October 2016, the company announced it would recommend Microsoft Azure as a cloud provider, despite what was considered as the somewhat competing service OneDrive operated by Microsoft.
- Hybrid cloud
- Cloud storage
- On-premises software
- File sharing
- Comparison of file synchronization software
- Content management
- Backaitis, Virginia (2015-01-20). "Can Egnyte Snuff Box's IPO Fire?". Cmswire.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- Jordan Novet (2015-01-20). "Egnyte starts using data to take guesswork out of file sharing & storage | VentureBeat | Cloud | by Jordan Novet". VentureBeat.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- Ben Kepes (January 20, 2015). "Egnyte Brings Intelligence To File Sharing". Forbes.com. Retrieved February 6, 2017.
- Dylan Tweney (September 6, 2013). "Egnyte founder Vineet Jain is driven to succeed - and share". Venture Beat. Retrieved February 6, 2017.
- "Form D: Notice of Exempt Offering of Securities". US SEC. July 30, 2009. Retrieved February 6, 2017.
- "Egnyte Takes On $29.5M In New Capital To Grow Its Enterprise Cloud File Storage Business". TechCrunch. 2013-12-11. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 21, 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- Bhuiyan, Johana (2014-05-23). "Egnyte Barges Into Crowded Corporate Cloud Business". Recode. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "Egnyte Adds File Auditing, Intelligent Distribution To Hybrid Storage Solution". TechCrunch. 2015-01-20. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "Helping Google Move Beyond The Public Cloud-Egnyte For Private Google Drive". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- Jonny Evans (May 19, 2015). "CIO: Yet another reason to budget for an Apple Watch". Computerworld. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Chris Mellor (June 9, 2016). "Google Ventures-backed sync-'n'-share firm changes direction. Got your attention? Tires of that syncing feeling, hatches new plan". The Register. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Barb Darrow (October 3, 2016). "Why This Small Cloud Company Is Still Partnering With Rival Microsoft". Fortune Tech. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Angus Loten (October 3, 2016). "Egnyte Strikes 'Strategic Alliance' With Microsoft in Cloud". Wall Street Journal CIO blog. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Egnyte.com official web site