Ego Pharmaceuticals is a privately held Australian pharmaceutical company with subsidiaries in Malaysia, Singapore and the United Kingdom, as well as staff in Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia. The company has researched, manufactured and marketed skincare products for over 50 years and has more than 220 employees.
Ego was founded in 1953 in Melbourne as a home-based business by chemist Gerald Oppenheim, and his wife, Rae Oppenheim, a nurse. Through the 1960s business expanded to include export markets in Singapore, Papua New Guinea, and New Zealand. The company has since expanded into the Middle East, with a regional office in Dubai. Despite takeover offers, the company remains in private hands.
In 2005, the two most senior managers of Ego received the independent industry ASMI Award for Excellence to the Australian Self Medication Industry. In 2006, Ego was commended for its export success in the Governor of Victoria Export Awards.
- "Ego Pharmaceuticals Customer Success Story: Innovation grant helps develop head lice treatment". Australian Federal Government: AusIndustry. 2008. Archived from the original on 12 October 2007. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- "A randomised, double-blind, comparative efficacy trial of three head lice treatment options: malathion, yrethrins with piperonyl butoxide and MOOV Head Lice Solution" (Google html cached version). University of Queensland. 2007. Archived from the original on 20 July 2008. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- "German Migration to Australia: An Immigration Discovery Centre Reference Sheet". Museum Victoria. Retrieved 14 November 2007. "Personal stories referenced include: Oppenheim, Ego & Oppenheim, Rae. Strong Ego and Thick Skin: Autobiography of Gerald Oppenheim and the story of Development of Ego Pharmaceuticals. Call no: IDC 338.766 855 092 062"
- Walker, Roseanne (2006). "Oppenheim, Gerald (1925–1995)". Bright Sparcs Biographical Entry. University of Melbourne. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- "Inside Business – 12/11/2006: Ego Pharmaceuticals remains family owned, run". Abc.net.au.
- Home[dead link]
- "Commendation for Ego Pharmaceuticals Export Success" (Press release). Victorian Government: Minister for Manufacturing & Export. 11 October 2006. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- ADNA – Australian Dermatology Nurses Association[dead link]
- "Alumni community". Vcp.monash.edu.au. 8 February 2013.
- "Eczema Association of Australasia Inc". Eczema.org.au.
- Psoriasis Association of Singapore[dead link]
- Company website: http://www.egopharm.com.au/
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|