|Founder||Gerald Oppenheim, Rae Oppenheim|
Ego Pharmaceuticals is a privately held Australian pharmaceutical multinational skin care company with subsidiaries in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom, as well as staff in Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Saudi Arabia. The company has researched, manufactured and marketed skincare products for over 60 years and has more than 450 employees, 125 of which are based in 11 nations outside of Australia. 
Ego was founded in 1953 in Melbourne as a home-based business by chemist Gerald Oppenheim, and his wife, Rae Oppenheim, a nurse. Through the 1960s, business expanded to include export markets in Singapore, Papua New Guinea, and New Zealand. The company has since expanded into the Middle East, with a regional office in Dubai. Despite takeover offers, the company remains in private hands.
Ego manufactures, exports and markets over 120 dermatological products to treat and prevent skin conditions and to maintain healthy skin. Brands include: QV Skincare, SunSense Sunscreen, Aqium Hand Sanitiser, MOOV Head Lice Treatment, Pinetarsol, DermAid, Elucent, SolvEasy, Azclear, Resolve, ViraproX, and Zatamil
In 2005, the two most senior managers of Ego received the independent industry ASMI Award for Excellence to the Australian Self Medication Industry. In 2006, Ego was commended for its export success in the Governor of Victoria Export Awards.
In 2014 Ego announced the purchase of 9.5 hectares of land in Dandenong South, building of stage one will commence in October 2015. It will be home to Ego's new global headquarters and a manufacturing center.
The same year Ego was awarded a $250,000 grant from the Victorian Government to extend its flammable goods production capacity in a $14.6 million investment which will boost exports by a substantial $40 million and create 63 new jobs. The expansion will also double bottle filling capacity across the business.
Ego was awarded the 2015 Governor of Victoria Export Health and Biotechnology Award for outstanding international success in healthcare, presented at Government House on 30 September. 
- "Ego Pharmaceuticals Customer Success Story: Innovation grant helps develop head lice treatment". Australian Federal Government: AusIndustry. 2008. Archived from the original on 12 October 2007. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- "A randomised, double-blind, comparative efficacy trial of three head lice treatment options: malathion, yrethrins with piperonyl butoxide and MOOV Head Lice Solution". University of Queensland. 2007. Archived from the original (Google html cached version) on 20 July 2008. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- "German Migration to Australia: An Immigration Discovery Centre Reference Sheet". Museum Victoria. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
Personal stories referenced include: Oppenheim, Ego & Oppenheim, Rae. Strong Ego and Thick Skin: Autobiography of Gerald Oppenheim and the story of Development of Ego Pharmaceuticals. Call no: IDC 338.766 855 092 062
- Walker, Roseanne (2006). "Oppenheim, Gerald (1925–1995)". Bright Sparcs Biographical Entry. University of Melbourne. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- "Inside Business – 12/11/2006: Ego Pharmaceuticals remains family owned, run". Abc.net.au.
- Archived 29 August 2007 at the Wayback Machine. ASMI Awards of Excellence
- "Commendation for Ego Pharmaceuticals Export Success" (Press release). Victorian Government: Minister for Manufacturing & Export. 11 October 2006. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- ADNA – Australian Dermatology Nurses Association[dead link]
- "Alumni community" (PDF). Vcp.monash.edu.au. 8 February 2013.
- "Eczema Association of Australasia Inc". Eczema.org.au.
- "Psoriasis Association of Singapore". curefor-eczema.com.
- Company website: http://www.egopharm.com.au/
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|