- For Biblical (H)Egra, see Al-'Ula
|Elevation||11 m (36 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||91 (0)3220|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Medinipur, Kanthi|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Egra, Kanthi Uttar|
Egra is a town with a municipality, in Purba Medinipur district, in the state of West Bengal, northeast India. It is also the eponymous headquarters of Egra subdivision and of Egra (Vidhan Sabha constituency).
Egra is located at  It has an average elevation of 11 metres (36 feet)..
As per 2011 Census of India, Egra had a total population of 30,148 of which 15,291 (51%) were males and 14,857 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 3,241. The total number of literates in Egra was 23,447 (87.14 % of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Egra had a population of 25,180. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Egra has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 77%, and female literacy is 61%. In Egra, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Egra police station has jurisdiction over Egra municipality, Egra I and Egra II CD Blocks. Egra police station covers an area of 431.5 km2 with a population of 349,489. The police station is located at Egra Bazar.
Egra Sarada Shashi Bhusan College was established at Egra in 1968. It is affiliated to Vidyasagar University and offers undergraduate courses in arts, science and commerce, It has hostel facilities.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Egra
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purba Medinipur". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original on 29 July 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Egra PS". Purba Medinipur District Police. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Egra Sarada Sashi Bhusan College". ICBSE. Retrieved 30 March 2017.