Egypt–Japan relations (Arabic: العلاقات المصرية اليابانية, Japanese: 日本とエジプトの関係) are foreign relations between Egypt and Japan. Such relations are described by the Egyptian ambassador to Japan as a "very strong friendship", with embassies mutually established. At present, the two nations maintain a cordial relationship with strong economic and trade relations.
Relations between the two countries are traceable as far back as the nineteenth century. However, modern relations were established in 1922, when Japan recognised Egypt's independence. Since then, there has been a history of a cordial relationship, with several visits by senior diplomats and, most notably, visits by respective heads of state- in 1995, Japanese Prime Minister Tomiichi Murayama visited Egypt and former President Mubarak of Egypt has visited Japan on several occasions 1983, 1995, and 1999.
Between 1998 and 2002, Japan loaned, granted and provided more than $3.5 billion to Egypt In 2002, bilateral trade between Egypt and Japan exceeded $1 billion; giving ambulances, a bridge and the visitor centre at the Valley of the Kings.
As of October 2009, 1051 Japanese citizens reside in Egypt. 90,000 Japanese visited Egypt in 2009 and 3,500 Egyptians visited Japan in 2007.
Japan considers Egypt a key player in the Middle East and, as such, sees Egypt as a vital part of its diplomacy in the region The two heads of government have been known to support each other on issues pertaining to the peace process in the middle east.
The two countries maintain a "Joint Committee" dedicated to exploring developments in areas of mutual interest to the two countries.
- "Retrieved May 4, 2009". Web.archive.org. 2008-10-09. Archived from the original on 2008-10-09. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
-  Retrieved May 4, 2009.[dead link]
- Japan and Egypt open up Retrieved May 4, 2009.
- "Egyptian Japanese Relations: The Year of Egypt Tourism Promotion in Japan 2009". Mainichi Daily News. Archived from the original on May 17, 2009. Retrieved May 4, 2009.
- "Japan-Egypt Relations". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. Archived from the original on May 24, 2009. Retrieved May 4, 2009.
-  Retrieved May 4, 2009. Archived February 23, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Egyptian-Japanese Relations - Kaoru Ishikawa". December 24, 2008. Archived from the original on June 14, 2009. Retrieved May 4, 2009.
- Gamal Essam El-Din (November 18, 2004). "Japan and Egypt open up". Al-Ahram. Retrieved May 4, 2009.
- MEO Research Center (June 5, 2002). "Egyptian–Japanenese Trade Exchange Hits $1B.". Asia Africa Intelligence Wire. Retrieved April 9, 2009.
- "Egypt, Japan for delay in Palestinian state declaration, resuming deadlocked peace talks". Arabic News. April 13, 1999. Archived from the original on February 14, 2012. Retrieved May 4, 2009.
- "Japan-Egypt Relations". Eg.emb-japan.go.jp. Retrieved 2016-10-01.