|Hubs||Cairo International Airport|
|Parent company||EgyptAir Holding Company|
|Key people||Captain Basem Gohar (Chairman & CEO)|
EgyptAir Cargo is the cargo division of the Egyptian national airline EgyptAir; it operates using both its own dedicated aircraft and the cargo-carrying capacity of its sister passenger airline. Its main base is Cairo International Airport.
|This section does not cite any sources. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
EgyptAir Cargo was formed in 2002 from the existing cargo activities of EgyptAir, on the creation of The EgyptAir Holding Company, as one of its subsidiaries. The company is a member of IATA's Cargo 2000 initiative.
EgyptAir Cargo is planning to invest at least $50 million in a new 24,000m2 (258,000 ft2) cargo handling centre at Cairo Airport. A similar new facility was opened last year in Luxor.
In 2008 the airline introduced a modified logo with larger EgyptAir Cargo titles, however the parent company (EgyptAir) introduced a new livery and logo later that year that will be applied to the cargo fleet in due course.
Ownership and structure
Trends for recent years for EgyptAir Cargo are shown below (for years ending 30 June):
|Net Profits (E£m)||73||80||49||18||75||39|
|Number of employees||>1,000||n/a||n/a||n/a||>1,400||n/a|
|Cargo handled (freighter and passenger aircraft) (tons m)||186||168||198||184||203||188|
|Number of aircraft (at year end)||4||4||4||4||4||4|
As of November 2015, EgyptAir Cargo operates flights to:
- South Sudan
|Airbus A330-200F||—||2||To replace the Airbus A300|||
- "EgyptAir divides operations into six in effort to multiply earnings". Flight International. 162 (4839): 23. 9 July 2002.
Egyptian flag carrier EgyptAir has been restructured, with operations divided between six companies grouped under the newly formed EgyptAir Holding Company. The six companies will be responsible for airline operations; ground services; operations and maintenance; air cargo.line feed character in
|quote=at position 251 (help)
- "Annual Report 2010-2011". 2012. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Report_2011" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "EgyptAir Cargo Annual Report 2007-2008" (PDF). EgyptAir. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "EgyptAir Cargo Annual Report 2008-2009" (PDF). EgyptAir. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "EgyptAir Cargo Annual Report 2011-2012" (PDF). EgyptAir. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "EgyptAir Cargo Annual Report 2009-2010" (PDF). EgyptAir. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "EgyptAir Cargo Annual Report 2012-2013". EgyptAir. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- "EgyptAir Cargo Destinations". EgyptAir Cargo. Archived from the original on January 27, 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "EgyptAir Cargo Fleet Information". Planespotters.net. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "EgyptAir Cargo Fleet — A300B4". EgyptAir Cargo. Archived from the original on January 20, 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "EgyptAir Cargo Fleet — A300-600". EgyptAir Cargo. Archived from the original on September 17, 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "EgyptAir orders two A330 freighter conversions". ch-aviation. Retrieved 2016-04-09.