Egypt Lake, Florida
|Egypt Lake, Florida|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867138|
Egypt Lake is an unincorporated community in northwestern Hillsborough County, Florida, United States. It is located within the census-designated place of Egypt Lake-Leto. It was a separate census-designated place from 1970 to 1990. The population as of the 1990 census was 14,580.
The ZIP code for Egypt Lake is 33614.
Egypt Lake is located at 28 degrees north, 82.5 degrees west (28.016963, -82.495373); or approximately four miles northwest of Tampa. The elevation for the community is 45 feet (14 m) above sea level.
Major surface roads in Egypt Lake
Some of the major surface roads serving the community include:
- Dale Mabry Highway
- Waters Avenue
- Himes Avenue
- Lambright Street
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Egypt Lake, Florida. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- 1970 census of population
- 1980 census of population
- 1990 census of population
- Not separately returned in 2000. Community combined with Leto to form Egypt Lake-Leto
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
|This Hillsborough County, Florida location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|