Ehrharta erecta is a species of grass commonly known as panic veldtgrass. The species is native to Southern Africa and Yemen. It is a documented invasive species in the United States, New Zealand, Australia, southern Europe, and China.
The species has been used for birdseed, and in ecological restoration such as dune stabilization. However, it has become an invasive weed in many parts of the world. Flowering and seeding throughout the year, its seeds germinate rapidly, forming new plants in only a few weeks.
- "Ehrharta erecta (panic veldtgrass)". Centre for Agriculture and Bioscience International. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Ehrharta erecta". International Environmental Weed Foundation. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- "Panic Veldt Grass". Sydney Weeds Committees. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "Weed of the month archive". ANGAIR. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Nash, D. 2018 Panic Velt Grass (Ehrharta erects L.) a grass new to Ireland. Irish Naturalists' Journal 36(1) p.30- 31