|Directed by||Pervaiz Malik|
|Produced by||Waheed Murad|
|Written by||Waheed Murad|
|Music by||Sohail Rana|
|Distributed by||Film Arts|
Ehsaan, a Pakistani Urdu black & white film, was another melodious presentation by Waheed Murad & Pervaiz Malik combination. The film is a melodious love story, starring Waheed Murad, Zeba, Nirala, Rozina, Azad and Ibrahim Nafees. The film was produced by Waheed Murad and directed by Pervaiz Malik.
Ehsaan was released on 3 June 1967 by Film Arts in cinemas of Karachi and Lahore and proved to be one the blockbuster films of 1967. The film completed 12 weeks on main cinemas and 40 weeks in other cinemas of Karachi and became a 'Silver Jubilee film'. The film had completed 50 weeks and became a 'Golden Jubilee film' in Lahore.
The story was written by Waheed Murad. It boasts a sensitive script as the psychiatrist Waheed falls in love with and woos young widow (and mother of a young daughter to boot) Zeba, a romance that was decidedly different for its time. Complications obviously arise but the movie remains surprisingly mature and for the most part doesn’t turn into a typical Lollywood melodrama.
During the shootings of Ehsaan, Zeba got married with Mohammad Ali, an arch rival of Waheed Murad. Zeba, instead of reaching Karachi for completing her shootings and honoring her commitment, probably went on a honeymoon. That meant dismantling of the film's set and a big financial loss to Film Arts. Waheed on being told of Zeba’s marriage blurted out, "not again!... She is turning into an Elizabeth Taylor," he said, after a pause. The film was shot in Eastern Film Studio of Karachi.
The music and the songs are not uniformly brilliant as like in Heera aur pathar (1964), Armaan (1966) and Doraha (1967), but there are a couple of absolutely lovely numbers such as Eik naye more par... and Do akhian.... The music is composed by Sohail Rana and the songs are written by Masroor Anwar.
- Do akhian... by Ahmed Rushdi & Irene Parvin
- Ik naye more pe lay aaein hain haalaat mujhe.. by Mehdi Hassan
- Ik naye more pe... by Mala
- Aey meri zindagi... by Ahmed Rushdi & Mala
- http://cineplot.com/title/?yearsearch=Ehsaan&submit=Submit, film Ehsaan on cineplot.com website, Retrieved 30 March 2016
- http://mazhar.dk/film/db/details.php?pid=624, film Ehsaan on Pakistan Film Magazine website, Retrieved 30 March 2016
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395136/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_19, film Ehsaan (1967) on IMDb website, Retrieved 30 March 2016
- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395136/, Silver Jubilee film Ehsaan (1967) on IMDb website, Retrieved 30 March 2016
- http://www.citwf.com/film99402.htm, film Ehsaan on Complete Index To World Film website, Retrieved 30 March 2016