Ei Samay Sangbadpatra
|Type||Online news portal|
|Owner(s)||The Times Group|
|Publisher||The Times Group|
|Founded||15 October 2012 (Daily Newspaper)|
|Circulation||243,273 Daily (as of December 2019)|
|Sister newspapers||The Times of India|
The Economic Times
Ei Samay Sangbadpatra is a Bengali-language daily newspaper from The Times Group. It was launched as a broadsheet daily newspaper with a motive to enter into a head to head competition with Anandabazar Patrika. It is owned and published by Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. which is owned by the Sahu Jain family.
The Ei Samay newspaper is considered as a challenge thrown by BCCL to Ananda Bazar Patrika (ABP) Group. Sensing the tough challenge, ABP Group started a huge media advertising campaign just a month after the launch of Ei Samay. The introductory price of this newspaper was ₹1 (1.4¢ US) per copy. According to company officials, this newspaper targets SEC A and A+, 20- to 35-year-old Bengalis.
The vernacular print media space in West Bengal comprises four major Bengali dailies: Anandabazar Patrika, Aajkaal, Bartaman and Sangbad Pratidin. Out of these, Anandabazar Patrika is said to be the dominant leader in the Bengali print media space and ranks 6th among the top 10 vernacular dailies in India as per Indian Readership Survey 2012, with a readership of about 59 lakhs.
- Regular sections
- Ei Muhurte: contains essays on different topics, tips, and analysis on different subjects like graphology and share market
- Ei Shahar: contains news and articles related to Kolkata
- Ei Rajya: contains news and articles related to West Bengal
- Ei Desh: deals with news of national interest
- Sompadokiyo: contains editorial, on this date, essays
- Khelar Samay: sports section contains news on different sports
- Byabsa Banijyo: business section contains news related to business, economics and finance
- Other sections
- Onnya Samay: regular supplement
- Robibaroyari: Sunday special.
- "Highest Circulated Daily Newspapers (language wise)" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- "TOI gears up for Bengal mkt; ropes in Tailor". Archived from the original on 21 February 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Times group enters Bengali newspaper market with Ei Samay
- Times Group to launch Bengali daily 'Ei Samay' on Oct 15 | National | www.indiatimes.com
- "Ei Samay launched, Bengali print war heats up". Exchange4media. Archived from the original on 18 November 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "imes group enters Bengali newspaper market with Ei Samay". Business Standard. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- The Hoot Story Page - media, press, subcontinent, media ethics, media watch, media research, media conflict, media gender, community radio, Unescos