Eide Bailly LLP
|Revenue||$263 Million (2017)|
Number of employees
|2,000 (February 2018)|
Eide Bailly LLP is a regional certified public accounting and business advisory firm headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota. The firm was founded in 1917 and provides core services of audit & assurance and tax, as well as expanded services, including business outsourcing & strategy, business valuation & analytics, cybersecurity, financial services, fraud & forensic advisory, health care reform, human resources, international business services, litigation & dispute advisory, risk advisory, technology, transition & transaction advisory, and wealth planning. The Inside Public Accounting Report, ranked the firm as a "Top 25 CPA firm" based on its size in the United States. Eide Bailly has 33 offices in 14 states: Phoenix and Scottsdale, Ariz.; Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins and Grand Junction, Colo.; Boise, Idaho; Des Moines and Dubuque, Iowa; Mankato and Minneapolis, Minn.; Billings, Mont.; Elko, Las Vegas and Reno, Nev.; Bismarck and Fargo, N.D.; Norman, Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Okla.; Enterprise, Ore.; Aberdeen and Sioux Falls, S.D.; Lehi, Ogden, Orem and Salt Lake City, Utah; Abilene, Haskell, Plainview and Seymour, Texas; and Spokane, Wash. The firm employs 2,000 staff with a partnership of 261 members. Eide Bailly is an independent member of HLB and The Eide Bailly Alliance (formerly known as Practicewise).
Early History: Eide Helmeke
- 1917: Eide Helmeke debuted in Fargo, North Dakota, as Bishop Brissman & Co., which later changed to J.A. Cull and Co.
- 1944: Oliver A. Eide was admitted as a partner and the firm’s name changed to Cull Eide & Co.
- 1956: Maynard Helmeke was admitted as a partner and the firm’s name changed to Eide & Helmeke.
- 1967-77: After several name changes, the firm began to expand outside the Fargo community. Known as Eide, Helmeke, Boelz & Pasch, the firm acquired offices in Bismarck, North Dakota., in 1968; Sioux Falls, South Dakota, in 1969; and Aberdeen, South Dakota, in 1970.
- 1981: Eide, Helmeke, Boelz & Pasch changed its name to Eide Helmeke & Co. and added offices in Phoenix, Arizona, in 1984 and Minneapolis in 1990.
Early History: Charles Bailly
- 1950: Charles E. Bailly opened a Broeker Hendrickson office in Fargo.
- 1978: Nine partners broke away from Broeker Hendrickson to form Charles Bailly & Co., with offices in Fargo and Bismarck, North Dakota
- 1979-90: Charles Bailly & Co. added offices in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, in 1979; Minneapolis, in 1983; Billings, Montana, in 1985; and Dubuque, Iowa, in 1990.
Eide Bailly: Formed
- 1998: Eide Helmeke & Co. and Charles Bailly & Co. merged to form Eide Bailly LLP. The combined firm had 56 partners and 392 staff members in nine offices. The total combined revenue was $31 million.
- 2004: The firm opened offices in Boise, Idaho, Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- 2006: The firm added two locations in Madelia and Mankato, Minnesota.
- 2007: Eide Bailly celebrated 90 years of service to clients, surpassing, the $100 million mark in total revenue.
- 2008: The firm added seven new offices in Boulder, Denver, Frisco, Golden, Grand Junction, and Vail, Colorado and Norman, Oklahoma.
- 2012: The firm added two new offices in Ogden and Williston.
- 2013: The firm added two new offices in Salt Lake City.
- 2014: The firm added six new offices in Spokane, Fort Collins, Elko, Fallon, Las Vegas and Reno.
- 2015: The firm added three new offices in Tulsa, Lehi and Scottsdale.
- 2016: The firm added a new office in Enterprise.
- 2017: Eide Bailly celebrated 100 years of service to clients, surpassing the $250 million mark in total revenue. The firm added 6 new offices in Des Moines, Orem, Abilene, Haskell, Plainview and Seymour.
- 2018: The firm added a new office Gooding.
- Audit & Assurance
- Business Outsourcing & Strategy
- Business Valuation & Analytics
- Financial Services
- Fraud & Forensic Advisory
- Health Care Reform
- Human Resources
- International Business Services
- Litigation & Dispute Advisory
- Risk Advisory
- Transition & Transaction Advisory
- Wealth Planning
- Affordable Housing
- Ag Producers
- Communications & Electric
- Construction & Real Estate
- Energy Services
- Financial Institutions
- Health Care
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Inside Public Accounting Report
- "Eide Bailly Alliance - An Affordable Way to Connect with Other CPA Firms - Eide Bailly LLP". www.eidebailly.com. Retrieved 2015-11-09.
- Eide Bailly evolved from a one-man Fargo office