|Industry||Video game industry|
|Founded||30 March 2007|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
Number of employees
|Parent||Square Enix Europe|
The studio was founded by Eidos Interactive in 2007 with Stéphane D'Astous appointed general manager. According to D'Astous, unlike other video game development studios, Eidos Montréal's development cycle is characterized by smaller teams (totalling 350) working over a longer period. The same year as its founding, the studio announced its first project: the third installment of the Deus Ex series, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which was released in 2011. In 2009, the studio announced its second project, the fourth installment of the Thief series. On 4 March 2014, Square Enix announced that 27 employees were laid off from Eidos Montréal. Stéphane D'Astous resigned from Eidos Montréal on 19 July 2013, citing irreconcilable differences with parent company Square Enix.
On January 26, 2017, Eidos Montréal announced a partnership with Marvel Entertainment to create multiple video games based on the Avengers franchise. As of May 2018, the studio has over 500 employees.
|2011||Deus Ex: Human Revolution||Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360|
|2013||Tomb Raider||Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One|
|2014||Thief||Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One|
|2015||Rise of the Tomb Raider||Microsoft Windows, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One|
|2016||Deus Ex: Mankind Divided||Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|2017||Deus Ex: Breach||Microsoft Windows|
|Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – VR Experience|
|2018||Shadow of the Tomb Raider||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|TBD||Untitled The Avengers game||TBD|
- French, Michael (26 November 2007). "Eidos Montreal officially opens". Develop. NewBay Media. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Dobson, Jason (19 February 2007). "Q&A: Stephane D'Astous On Eidos Montreal's Next-Gen Plans". Gamasutra. UBM TechWeb. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Develop (30 November 2007). "Q&A: Stephane D'Astous, Eidos Montreal". Develop. NewBay Media. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Crecente, Brian (11 May 2009). "Thief 4: It's Official". Kotaku. Gizmodo Media Group. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Schreier, Jason (4 March 2014). "Big Layoffs At Thief Developer Eidos Montreal". Kotaku. Gizmodo Media Group. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Ray Corriea, Alexa (23 July 2013). "Eidos Montreal GM resigns, cites 'lack of courage' at Square Enix". Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Frank, Allegra (January 26, 2017). "Square Enix teams up with Marvel for The Avengers project". Polygon. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Dring, Christopher (May 11, 2018). "Square Enix teams up with Marvel for The Avengers project". Gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- "Shadow of the Tomb Raider". Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- Whitbrook, James (1 January 2017). "The Avengers Are Getting a Big New Video Game Series From the Makers of Tomb Raider". Retrieved 10 April 2018.
|This Square Enix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|