(Redirected from Eighty-two)
|Factorization||2 × 41|
|Divisors||1, 2, 41, 82|
- the twenty-third semiprime and the twelfth of the form (2.q).
- with an aliquot sum of 44, within an aliquot sequence of four composite numbers (82,44,40,50,43,1,0) to the Prime in the 43-aliquot tree.
- a companion Pell number.
- a happy number.
- palindromic in bases 3 (100013), 9 (1019) and 40 (2240).
- The atomic number of lead.
- The sixth magic number.
- Messier 82, a starburst galaxy in the constellation Ursa Major.
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 82, a single star in the constellation Andromeda.
In other fields
Eighty-two is also:
- The model number of: Mark 82 bomb, a nonguided general-purpose bomb.
- The number of the French department Tarn-et-Garonne.
- The code for international direct dial phone calls to South Korea.
- The ISBN Group Identifier for books published in Norway.
- Title of Dennis Smith's book about firefighters, Report from Engine Co. 82.
- The year AD 82, 82 BC, or 1982, stylized as '82.
- The number of Trip Murphy's (Matt Dillon) car in Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005).
- The second studio album by African electropop outfit Just a Band (2009).
- The number (*82) to unblock your caller ID for phones that block anonymous incoming calls.
- The very significant number that appears at the end of Kurt Vonnegut's book Hocus Pocus.
- Both the NBA and NHL operate 82-game regular seasons.
- In Major League Baseball, the number of games a team must win to secure a winning season.
- Sloane, N. J. A. (ed.). "Sequence A001358". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation.
- "Sloane's A002203 : Companion Pell numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- "Sloane's A007770 : Happy numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-29.