|Alma mater||Gwent College|
Eigil Bryld (Danish pronunciation: [ˌɑjgil ˈbʁylˀ]) is a Danish cinematographer. He is famous for his work in such films and TV shows as House of Cards (2013), In Bruges (2008), You Don't Know Jack (2010), Becoming Jane (2007) and Kinky Boots (2005).
Eigil Bryld grew up in Denmark, and as a teenager used to work in a local television station. He earned a degree in film and video production from Gwent College in Wales in 1992, where he studied under photographer David Hurn. He worked in London before moving to New York City. His credits include Wisconsin Death Trip which won him the 2001 BAFTA Award for best factual photography and You Don't Know Jack for which he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award. He served as the cinematographer for the 2013 Netflix series House of Cards, for which he was awarded the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series.
Bryld is married to Danish author Naja Marie Aidt and they had a son in 2003.
- Ocean's Eight (2018)
- Crisis in Six Scenes (2016)
- House of Cards (2013)
- Not Fade Away (2012)
- You Don't Know Jack (2010)
- In Bruges (2008)
- Becoming Jane (2007)
- Pu-239 (2006)
- Kinky Boots (2005)
- The King (2005)
- To Kill a King (2003)
- Wisconsin Death Trip (1999)
- "In Bruges / A Focus Features Film / Eigil Bryld Bio". Focus Features. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "KODAK: Primetime Emmy Awards: You Don't Know Jack". Kodak. Retrieved 2012-02-02.[permanent dead link]
- Heuring, David (Jan 19, 2013). "Bryld's a rising star after working with Fincher, Chase". Variety. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Primetime Emmy Awards and Nominations for Eigil Bryld". Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
|This article about a cinematographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Danish film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|