Eikon is a set of software products provided by Refinitiv for financial professionals to monitor and analyze financial information. It provides access to real time market data, news, fundamental data, analytics, trading and messaging tools. It provides data on asset classes including Foreign Exchange, Money Markets, Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Funds, and Real Estate.
Usage and Integrations
Users can access Eikon via desktop, mobile device or web browser, as well as programmatically via APIs. The Eikon interface can also be customized to suit users' individual needs. The main product runs on Windows and lets users compose customized views on multiple screens. It also extends Microsoft Office with data retrieval addins. Eikon subscribers can access Eikon data from their smartphones, iPad, or from a web browser.
Eikon provides access to Tradeweb data in real-time for 20 fixed income and derivatives asset classes including major government bond markets alongside market-moving news from Reuters and streaming content from other benchmark sources.
Thomson Reuters launched Eikon in 2010 as a replacement of Reuters 3000 Xtra, Reuters’ earlier platform. At the end of 2013, an Eikon subscription was reported to cost from $300 to $1,800 per month, the average setup being around $800 per month. In October 2018 Eikon was transferred to Refinitiv as a result of a larger deal between Blackstone and the Financial & Risk business of Thomson Reuters.
Under pressure from the government of China, Refinitiv censored over 200 stories by Reuters covering the 2019–20 Hong Kong protests, removing them from its Eikon platform for consumers in Mainland China. The company developed a "Strategic China filter" to block politically-sensitive stories from readers in Mainland China.
- ""Thomson Reuters Eikon Guide"" (PDF).
- "Eikon APIs". developers.refinitiv.com. Refinitiv. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Eikon for Android". play.google.com. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "December 12th: easier access via Eikon Web".
- "Thomson Reuters to Distribute Tradeweb Market Data".
- "Thomson Reuters to launch next generation desktop". Reuters.
- Nilsen, Sverre Rørvik. "The Secret Revolution in Finance". blogs.cfainstitute.org/. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "Thomson Reuters closes deal with Blackstone, rebrands as Refinitiv". The TRADE.
- Stecklow, Steve; Barbaglia, Pamela; Harney, Alexandra (December 12, 2019). Williams, Michael; Hirschberg, Peter (eds.). "Refinitiv deployed filter to block Reuters reports as Hong Kong protests raged". Reuters.