Eikon is a set of software products provided by Refinitiv for financial professionals to monitor and analyze financial information. It provides access to real time market data, news, fundamental data, analytics, trading and messaging tools. It provides data on asset classes including foreign exchange, money markets, fixed income, equities, commodities, funds, and real estate.
Eikon includes a desktop client, smartphone app and a Web interface, as well as APIs for programmatic access. The Eikon interface is customizable by the user. The main desktop client runs on Microsoft Windows and lets users compose customized views on multiple screens. Refinitive also provides data retrieval add-ons for Microsoft Office.
Thomson Reuters launched Eikon in 2010 as a replacement for Reuters 3000 Xtra, Reuters’ earlier platform. At the end of 2013, an Eikon subscription was reported to cost from $300 to $1,800 per month, the average setup being around $800 per month. In October 2018 Eikon was transferred to Refinitiv as a result of a larger deal between Blackstone and the Financial & Risk business of Thomson Reuters.
Under pressure from the Government of China, Refinitiv censored over 200 stories by Reuters covering the 2019–20 Hong Kong protests, removing them from its Eikon platform for consumers in Mainland China. The company developed a "Strategic China filter" to block politically-sensitive stories from readers in Mainland China.
- ""Thomson Reuters Eikon Guide"" (PDF).
- "Eikon for Android". play.google.com. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "December 12th: easier access via Eikon Web".
- "Eikon APIs". developers.refinitiv.com. Refinitiv. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Thomson Reuters to Distribute Tradeweb Market Data".
- "Thomson Reuters to launch next generation desktop". Reuters.
- Nilsen, Sverre Rørvik. "The Secret Revolution in Finance". blogs.cfainstitute.org/. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "Thomson Reuters closes deal with Blackstone, rebrands as Refinitiv". The TRADE.
- Stecklow, Steve; Barbaglia, Pamela; Harney, Alexandra (December 12, 2019). Williams, Michael; Hirschberg, Peter (eds.). "Refinitiv deployed filter to block Reuters reports as Hong Kong protests raged". Reuters.