This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Eileen Chong is a contemporary Australian poet.
Eileen Chong was born in 1980 in Singapore. She moved to Sydney, Australia in 2007.
She won the Poets Union Youth Fellowship in 2010 and was the Australian Poetry Fellow for 2011-2012.
She was the poet-in-residence at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney and the Bundanon Trust in 2016.
Burning Rice (single author poetry collection). Chong, Eileen. 2012. Australian Poetry New Voices Series 2012, Melbourne, Australia. Reprinted 2013. Pitt Street Poetry, Sydney, Australia.
Peony (single author poetry collection). Chong, Eileen. 2014. Pitt Street Poetry, Sydney, Australia.
Painting Red Orchids (single author poetry collection). Chong, Eileen. 2016. Pitt Street Poetry, Sydney, Australia.
Another Language (single author selected poems). Chong, Eileen. 2017. George Braziller, New York City, USA.
14 July 2011, 6 to 6.30pm with Justine Poon on 'Something Else' Podcast of interview can be streamed online at http://www.cpod.org.au/feed.php?id=308 (Last accessed 25 July 2011), or downloaded at http://www.cpod.org.au/download.php/6673.mp3
11 Dec 2013, Poets' Corner with Maisy Stapleton on Eastside Radio 89.7FM http://eastsidefm.org/2013/12/poets-corner/
Eileen Chong reads her poem 'Mid-Autumn Mooncakes' at the NSW Parliamentary Poetry Soiree 2010. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsp5mWL40Wo
Eileen Chong reads at the Gun Club in Newcastle, 2 Oct 2011 as part of This is Not Art! festival. http://whenpressed.net/work/eileen-chong/reads-at-the-gun-club/
- Eileen's page at Pitt Street Poetry: http://pittstreetpoetry.com/eileen-chong
- Boey Kim Cheng reviews Burning Rice at Mascara Literary Review: http://mascarareview.com/kim-cheng-boey-reviews-burning-rice-by-eileen-chong/
- Boey Kim Cheng reviews Peony at Cordite: http://cordite.org.au/reviews/boey-chong/
- Geoff Page reviews Painting Red Orchids at Mascara Literary Review: http://mascarareview.com/geoff-page-reviews-painting-red-orchids-by-eileen-chong/
- Dan Disney reviews Painting Red Orchids at World Literature Today: http://www.worldliteraturetoday.org/2017/january/painting-red-orchids-eileen-chong
- 2003: British Council Gold Medal for Excellence in English Literature, Singapore
- 2010: Poets Union Youth Fellowship, Australia
- 2011: Australian Postgraduate Award for Doctorate in Creative Arts, Australia
- 2012: Highly commended in the Anne Elder Award for Burning Rice, Australia
- 2013: Highly commended in the Australian Arts in Asia Awards for Burning Rice, Australia
- 2013: Shortlisted for the Prime Minister's Literary Awards for Poetry for Burning Rice, Australia
- 2014: 'City Lights, San Francisco' shortlisted for Peter Porter Poetry Prize, but disqualified due to publishing conflict
- 2014: 'Harbour' and 'Xiao Long Bao' shortlisted for SecondBite Poetry Competition, 'Harbour' won runner-up prize.
- 2014: 'Painting Red Orchids' longlisted for the University of Canberra's Vice-Chancellor Awards.
- 2015: 'Cooking for One' longlisted for the Ron Pretty Poetry Prize 2014
- 2015: 'Vantage' shortlisted for the Peter Poetry Poetry Prize
- 2015: 'The Photograph in Australia' long listed for the University of Canberra's Vice-Chancellor Awards
- 2016: 'Calf, Tree' shortlisted for the Newcastle Poetry Prize
- 2016: 'Flight' longlisted for the University of Canberra's Vice-Chancellor's Awards
- 2017: Painting Red Orchids shortlisted for Victorian Premier's Literary Awards