|Founder||Robert Falck, Filip Lilja, Linnéa Kornehed|
Einride AB is a Swedish transport company based in Stockholm, Sweden, specializing in electric and self-driving vehicles known as Einride pods (formerly T-pods). The pods are electric trucks remotely controlled by drivers, and are notable for their lack of a driver’s cab.
The company was founded in 2016 by Robert Falck, Filip Lilja and Linnéa Kornehed. The company manufactures electric and self-driving vehicles. The company name is a reference to the Nordic god of thunder and lightning, Thor, and means "the lone rider". In the Spring of 2017, the company introduced their transport vehicle, the Einride Pod, an electric truck which does not contain a cabin. The first full-scale prototype of what was then called the T-Pod was revealed on July 4, 2017 at Almedalen Week in Visby, Sweden. Einride has announced their partnerships with Lidl in 2017 and DB Schenker in 2018. On July 12th, 2018 at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, Einride launched the Einride timber Pod, an autonomous and all-electric logging truck.
On November 5th, 2018, Einride launched the first commercial installation of the Einride Pod at a DB Schenker facility in Jönköping, Sweden. In May 2019, an Einride Pod started daily deliveries on a public road there; it is permitted to go at up to 5 km per hour.
On October 10, 2019 Einride raised $25 million in a Series A investment round led by private-equity firm EQT’s venture capital fund EQT Ventures and NordicNinja VC.
Einride uses self-driving technology as well as remote operation for the Einride Pod which allows drivers to monitor multiple vehicles and remotely control the vehicle in difficult traffic situations. The Einride Pod can travel 200 km (124 miles) on a fully charged battery.
- "Perspective | Will driverless trucks pass these guys by?". Washington Post. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- Melton, Lori (2019-05-23). "Einride unveils all-electric, self-driving truck called T-Pod". The Burn-In. Retrieved 2019-10-14.
- Etherington, Darrell. "Einride's electric self-driving T-Pod is a new kind of freight transport vehicle | TechCrunch". Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- Hawkins, Andrew J. (2017-07-05). "This self-driving truck has no room for a human driver — literally". The Verge. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- "A Swedish company has quietly overtaken Tesla - and already won Lidl as a customer". nordic.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "DB Schenker och Einride inleder samarbete med självkörande lastbil i Sverige". DB Schenker (in Swedish). Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- Stewart, Jack. "SWEDEN'S ELECTRIC ROBO-TRUCK IS MADE FOR LIFE IN THE FOREST | Wired". Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- Thomas, Patrick. "Self-Driving Truck Startup Einride Raises $25 Million in New Funding Round". WSJ. Retrieved 2019-10-12.
- "This electric, self-driving prototype truck is like a giant RC car - Roadshow". Roadshow. Retrieved 2017-08-23.