One (German TV channel)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Launched||30 August 1997|
|Picture format||16:9 576i (SDTV),
|Audience share||0.5% (March 2017KEK),|
|Formerly called||EinsFestival (1997-2009)
|Sister channel(s)||Das Erste
|DVB-T||different federal channels (FTA)|
|DVB-T2||different federal channels (FTA)|
|Astra Digital||10743.75 H 22000 5/6 (SDTV)|
|Astra Digital||12421.5 H 27500 3/4 (HDTV)|
|Kabel Deutschland (Germany)||Channel 204 (SD)|
|UPC Switzerland (Switzerland)||Channel 50 (HD)|
|Telekom Entertain (Germany)||Channel 56 (SD/HD)|
One is available on satellite in Europe and in Germany cable and (in some regions) on digital terrestrial television. The service is also available on the Zattoo Internet television service (Germany only).
On 29 July 2016, WDR announced that Einsfestival would be rebranded as 'One' on 3 September 2016 to become a station for people from ages 30 to 49. On September 1st 2016, the website, Twitter and Facebook presences were changed to "One".
The on air rebrand took place on September 3, 2016, starting with the station identification at midnight and ending with the adjustment of the station design at 10:00. The rebrand aims to increase awareness of the station as an entertainment channel, particularly among viewers under 30.
EinsFestival programming includes documentaries, magazine programmes, films and music (rock and classical). Most of the programmes have already been broadcast by other public stations that belong to the ARD.
Since the 2004 Summer Olympics ARD and ZDF use their digital television channels to broadcast additional content about sport events like the Olympic Games or the UEFA Euro. For example, at the UEFA Euro 2008 and the 2010 FIFA World Cup they used the digital channels to broadcast different football matches taking place at the same time.
EinsFestival broadcast the second semifinal of the Eurovision Song Contest 2010.
- alfredissimo! (2017-present)
- Aus heiterem Himmel (2017-present)
- Bis in die Spitzen, German version of Cutting It (2011-2012, 2015)
- Boulevard Bio (2005-2007)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Buffy – Im Bann der Dämonen) (2010-2011)
- Class (2017-present)
- Clipster (2012-2013)
- coldmirror (2010–2016)
- Das Lachen der anderen (2015-2016)
- Die Story im Ersten (2010-present)
- Die Wiwaldi-Show (2012, 2015)
- Dittsche (2005-present)
- Doctor Who (2016-present)
- Domian (2006-2009)
- Echo Music Prize (2009-2016)
- EINSWEITER (2008-2015)
- euromaxx (2010-present)
- Eurovision Song Contest (2006-2008, 2010-present)
- Fawlty Towers (2010-2011)
- extra 3 (2006-present)
- frauTV (2013, 2015-present)
- Graf Yoster (2004)
- Hier und heute (2015-2017)
- In aller Freundschaft (2003-2005)
- Inas Nacht (2008-2016)
- Ladies Night (2007-present)
- Lindenstraße (2001-present)
- mannTV (2016)
- Meuchelbeck (2015)
- Mord mit Aussicht (2013-present)
- Murder, She Wrote (Mord ist ihr Hobby) (2012-2013)
- NightWash (2006-2007, 2009-present)
- Nuhr im Ersten (2009-present)
- Nurse Jackie (2016-present)
- Polizeiruf 110 (2001-present)
- PussyTerror TV (2015-present)
- Quarks & Caspers (2010-present)
- Quarks & Co. (2008-present)
- Sensitive Skin (2017-present)
- Shuffle (2016-present)
- Sturm der Liebe (2011-present)
- Tatort (2006-present)
- The Job Lot (2017-present)
- The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2016-present)
- Torchwood (2017-present)
- Türkisch für Anfänger (2006-present)
- Verbotene Liebe (2011-2013)
- Zapp (2005-2008, 2011-present)
- Zimmer frei! (2006-2009, 2011-2016)
From 21 to 24 March 2008, Einsfestival began HDTV test broadcasts via satellite and digital cable (Kabel BW). The first HD programme was the Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin. From 22 December 2008 to 1 January 2009, Einsfestival again broadcast HD test programmes.
- "HDTV in Einsfestival | Einsfestival" (in German). Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- DWDL.de: Ungeliebter Sendername verschwindet - Neuer Name: Einsfestival soll als One neu angreifen
- WDR: Einsfestival wird One - Eins für Euch
- Einsfestival war gestern - ab heute sind wir One.
- DWDL.de: Helfried Spitra und Karin Sarholz über One - "Einsfestival hatte ein Sender-Empfänger-Problem"