Eisenhower High School (Rialto, California)
Dwight D. Eisenhower High School (est. 1959), is located in Rialto, California, United States on the corner of Baseline Avenue and Lilac Ave. The school is named for U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Eisenhower High School is located in Rialto, California, which lies north of Interstate 10, between the cities of San Bernardino and Fontana. It is one of three comprehensive high schools in the Rialto Unified School District and serves a student population of approximately 2,400 in grades 9-12. Established in 1959, Eisenhower has served more than four generations of the community's members and prides itself on its outstanding programs.
Dwight D. Eisenhower High School has been awarded National Blue Ribbon School 1993 and California Distinguished School 1994
Clubs and Programs
Eisenhower High School boasts several on-campus clubs and after-school programs, including Ballet Folklorico, the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Future Homemakers of America (FHA-HERO), Key Club (community-service based), Health Occupation Students of American (HOSA), Alive Club (religious-based), Journalism, Internship, Pacific Islanders Club, and a Job Site Training course. EHS is also home to a United States Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps unit.
The school is also home to a Fine Arts program consisting of four Fine Art clubs:Band,Dance,Drama Production,Show Choir. There are five Band classes: concert band, guitar I & II, Wind Ensemble (advanced band), Marching Band, and Jazz Band. Marching Band is held after school in the Fall semester, while Jazz Band is held after school during the Winter semester. There are 3 choir programs beginning choir, Advanced Women’s Show choir and Advanced Novice Mixed Show Choir. The show choirs regularly compete in some of California’s toughest show choir competitions throughout the winter semester.
IKE Boys Basketball team won the California CIF State Championship on March 20, 2009. They are the first team in San Bernardino County to ever win this title. They did so under the coaching expertise of Steve Johnson. The 1993 Ike football team won the CIFSS Division I championship, 56-3 over Mater Dei under coach Tom Hoak. In 1959, the schools first football team, coached by Milt Smaha, was runner up in the Small Schools Division, losing to Ramona San Diego 14-7 in the championship game.
School colors and mascot
The School Colors for Eisenhower High School are Kelly Green, Gold and White. Their mascot is the Golden Eagle.
- Alma mater
Where desert sand and mountains
Meet beneath the western sky,
'Tis there my heart forever
Yearns for Eisenhower High.
Our dear old Alma Mater,
We owe our best to thee,
'Tis here we spent our cherished years,
We pledge our loyalty.
- Fight song
Fight you Eagles, fight for glory
Fight with all your might
Ever loyal true and faithful
To the Green and White
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Never failing bravely playing
Raise your colors high
We are proud of you and true
To Eisenhower High!
This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Alex Acker, NBA player for the Clippers 
- Brandie Burton, LPGA golfer
- Victor Butler, a 2005 graduate, member of the Dallas Cowboys and played college at the Oregon State University. 
- Ted Chronopoulos, Major League Soccer player
- Ryan Clady, a 2004 graduate, is the starting left tackle for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League, and was their 1st Round Draft Choice in the 2008 NFL Draft. 
- Darnell Coles, Seattle Mariners and Detroit Tigers 
- Jeff Conine, retired MLB player
- Wilson Cruz, Wilson Echevarría, 1991 Graduate, Actor, LGBT Activist
- Kirk Fogg, actor/host
- Clarence Gilyard, actor (Matlock and Walker, Texas Ranger)
- David Lang, 1986 graduate, drafted in the 12th round of the 1990 NFL Draft to the Northern Arizona University, in 1992 he spent four years with the Los Angeles Rams and in 1995 he was the special teams captain of the Super Bowl XXX-winning Dallas Cowboys
- Ronnie Lott, NFL Hall of Fame
- John Singleton, film director, screenwriter, producer
- R. Jay Soward, 1992-1995 student, former National Football League and USC Trojans football
- Nick Theodorou, former professional baseball player; member of 2004 Greece Olympic Baseball Team
- Lisa Marie Varon, professional wrestler
- "Alex Acker". Basketbal-Reference.Com. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Victor Butler". NFL Enterprises LLC. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Ryan Clady". NFL Enterprises LLC. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Darnell Coles". Baseball-Reference.Com. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Jeff Conine Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "David Lang". databaseFootball.com. Archived from the original on November 3, 2012. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Eisenhower Senior High School". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.