Eisner Award for Best Educational/Academic Work
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Winners and nominees
- 2012: (tie)
- Cartooning: Philosophy & Practice by Ivan Brunetti
- Hand of Fire: The Comics Art of Jack Kirby by Charles Hatfield
- Alan Moore: Conversations edited by Eric Berlatsky
- Critical Approaches to Comics: Theories and Methods edited by Matthew J. Smith and Randy Duncan
- Projections: Comics and the History of 21st Century Storytelling by Jared Gardner
- 2013: Lynda Barry: Girlhood Through the Looking Glass by Susan E. Kirtley
- 2014: Black Comics: Politics of Race and Representation edited by Sheena C. Howard and Ronald L. Jackson II
- Anti-Foreign Imagery in American Pulps and Comic Books, 1920–1960 by Nathan Vernon Madison
- Drawing from Life: Memory and Subjectivity in Comic Art edited by Jane Tolmie
- International Journal of Comic Art edited by John A. Lent
- The Superhero Reader edited by Charles Hatfield, Jeet Heer, and Kent Worcester
- 2015: Graphic Details: Jewish Women’s Confessional Comics in Essays and Interviews edited by Sarah Lightman
- American Comics, Literary Theory, and Religion: The Superhero Afterlife by A. David Lewis
- Considering Watchmen: Poetics, Property, Politics by Andrew Hoberek
- Funnybooks: The Improbable Glories of the Best American Comic Books by Michael Barrier
- The Origins of Comics: From William Hogarth to Winsor McCay by Thierry Smolderen
- Wide Awake in Slumberland: Fantasy, Mass Culture, and Modernism in the Art of Winsor McCay by Katherine Roeder
- 2016: The Blacker the Ink: Constructions of Black Identity in Comics and Sequential Art edited by Frances Gateward and John Jennings
- 2017: Superwomen: Gender, Power, and Representation by Carolyn Cocoa
- Frank Miller’s Daredevil and the Ends of Heroism by Paul Young
- Brighter Than You Think: Ten Short Works by Alan Moore by Marc Sobel
- Pioneering Cartoonists of Color by Tim Jackson
- Forging the Past: Set and the Art of Memory by Daniel Marrone
- 2018: Latinx Superheroes in Mainstream Comics by Frederick Luis Aldama
- The Comics of Charles Schulz: The Good Grief of Modern Life edited by Jared Gardner and Ian Gordon
- Ethics in the Gutter: Empathy and Historical Fiction in Comics by Kate Polak
- Neon Visions: The Comics of Howard Chaykin by Brannon Costello
- Picturing Childhood: Youth in Transnational Comics edited by Mark Heimermann and Brittany Tullis
- "2012 Eisner nominations are out, topped by Daredevil". The Beat.
- "2013 Eisner Award Nominees Announced - Comic Book Resources". comicbookresources.com.
- Rich Johnston. "Live: The Eisner Awards 2014 - The Shortest Eisners Ever Storm Saga, Hawkeye, Dean Mullaney (UPDATE)". Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News.
- "DC, Marvel & Fantagraphics Top 2014 Eisner Award Nominations - Comic Book Resources". comicbookresources.com.
- "2016 EISNER AWARD Winners (Full List)". Newsarama.
- "2018 Eisner Awards Nominations". Comic-Con International: San Diego. 23 April 2018.
- "Eisner Awards: The Complete Winners List". The Hollywood Reporter.
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This award-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|