Eitan Tchernov (1935-December 13, 2002) was an author and professor of biology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Tchernov was born in Tel Aviv, Israel and received a Ph.D. from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 1966. He chaired the Center for the Study & Management of the Environment in 1980 and the High Professional Committee of the Authority of Nature Reserves from 1979-82.
In 1991 he founded the Department of Evolution, Systematics and Ecology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, serving as its first chairman. He was also involved in establishing the Israel Nature Reserves Authority, serving as its first ranger and later as a member of its scientific advisory board. He likewise served on the board of the Society for the Protection of Nature and on other nature conservation boards including the UNESCO-MAB committee (Man and the Biosphere) and SCOPE (Scientific Committee on Problems of the Environment). He was co-editor of the Hebrew environmental magazine Sevivot from 1986-2002.
- An Early Neolithic Village in the Jordan Valley, Part II: The Fauna of Netiv Hagdud, 2004
- Structure, Function and Evolution of Teeth, 1992
- Horwitz, Liora; Rabinovich, Rivka (Spring 2003). "ICAZ Newsletter" (PDF). Alexandria Archive. International Council for Archaeozoology. p. 14. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-01-23. Retrieved 2015-01-10.
- "Eitan Tchernov, Professor of Biology". Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Retrieved 2015-01-10.
- Tchernov, Eitan (2004). An Early Neolithic Village in the Jordan Valley, Part II: The Fauna of Netiv Hagdud. Peabody Museum Press. ISBN 9780873655484. Retrieved 2015-01-10.
- Smith, Patricia; Tchernov, Eitan (1992). Structure, Function and Evolution of Teeth. London and Tel Aviv: Freund Publishing House Ltd. ISBN 965-222-270-4. Retrieved 2015-01-10.