Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai|
|Written by||Zama Habib|
|Directed by||Santram Verma|
|Creative director(s)||Pinky Shah|
|Opening theme||Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai By Shreya Ghoshal|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||515|
|Running time||Approx. 21 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Cinevistaas Limited|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Original release||3 October 2011 –|
13 September 2013
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai (English: My Sister is One in a Thousand) is an Indian soap opera that aired on STAR Plus from 3 October 2011 to 13 September 2013.
Jeevika Chaudhary and Maanvi Chaudhary are two orphan sisters living in Rishikesh with their great grandmother, grandmother, uncle, aunt and cousin while Viren Singh Vadhera and Viraat Singh Vadhera are two brothers hailing from an elite family of lawyers in Chandigarh.
The two sisters are inseparable though their outlook towards life is totally different. Maanvi loves and respects Jeevika as though she's her mother. A marriage proposal comes for Jeevika. Viren and Jeevika like each other at first sight while Viraat and Maanvi are at odds with each other. Jeevika and Viren's wedding is fixed and the preparations start, by then a misunderstanding crops up as Viren gets to know Jeevika likes Dr. Mannan. He thinks of calling-off his wedding with Jeevika. But fact is Jeevika likes Viren and upon knowing this, Viraat and Maanvi helps the couple meet and confess love for each other. Following this, Viren and Jeevika gets married and they leave for Chandigarh. The couple live in happiness but the Sisters miss each other very much. Viren brings Maanvi to Chandigarh to cheer up Jeevika on her Birthday. During her stay, Maanvi gets to know Inder Vadhera (Viren&Viraat's uncle) is also a worthy Lawyer but diffident, so she supports him to be active and gain his own Identity but the family unsure of his abilities accuses Maanvi for interference and even sends her to Rishikesh. Viraat criticises his aunt Swamini for insulting Maanvi, whom he considers as a friend, for no fault of hers. Inder follows Maanvi's advise, takes up the case and later wins it too, thus Maanvi gets vindicated. Vadhera family realizes it's mistake, apologises to Maanvi and invites her to visit Chandigarh. During Maanvi's stay in Chandigarh, Viraat starts falling for her but his Ex Girlfriend Maya reappears much to his chagrin. As Swamini dislikes Maanvi she promotes Maya and even cajoles Maanvi to play cupid between the two. Maanvi readily agrees to help Maya impress Viraat. Thus Viraat and Maya come together. By then Maanvi comes to know she has blood cancer and returns to Rishikesh. Viren doubts Maya' intentions and alerts Viraat to test Maya. Viraat follows his advise and is shocked to know Maya is only after his money, status and not love. Thus Viraat feels cheated by her again and breaksup with her.
Viren helps Viraat to recover and soon Virat realises Maanvi is his truelove, goes to Rishikesh to propose her. He will not be able to express his feelings for Maanvi as series of events happen, one in which Jeevika gets grievously injured, need blood and only Maanvi can save her as both sisters have same rare blood group but Maanvi refuses to donate blood to her sister. This surprises everyone and Viren berates Maanvi for her 'selfish' attitude, upon insistence she reveals of her ailment to Viraat on the condition that he wouldn't reveal to Jeevika and Viren. Viraat is heart broken but determined to help Maanvi in her treatment. Later, Vadhera family too gets to know about Maanvi, helps her get treatment in Mumbai. Viraat and Jeevika accompany her. Viraat comforts Maanvi during her treatment, love for Viraat blossoms in Maanvi too but decides not to express due to her unpredictable life. Turn of events makes Viraat declare to Vadhera family of his love for Maanvi openly but they disapprove. Maanvi, unaware of Viraat' feelings for her until then, feels embarrassed in front of the family and returns to Rishikesh. When Viraat comes to know Maanvi too loves him, he landsup in Rishikesh to make her confess her love. Soon Maanvi confess her love to Viraat, so too Vadhera family approves their love. Two Families meet to celebrate Viraat-Maanvi's Roca and Engagement. Later, Maanvi's health deteriotes and Doctors declare only bone marrow transplant can save her. Jeevika who by then is Pregnant decides to abort her baby to save Maanvi, as she is her only perfect bone marrow match. A fight breaksup between sisters as Maanvi rejects Jeevika's plan to abort child inorder to save her. Jeevika feigns truce but actually becomes secret donor of bone marrow to Maanvi. Thus Jeevika's sacrifice saves Maanvi. Maanvi gets operated successfully and soon, Viraat and Maanvi gets married.
Vadhera family welcomes new "Bahu" Maanvi. Karan who claims to be Swamini's estranged son enters the family. Vadheras are happy but Karan has ill intentions to ruin them. Maanvi comes to know Karan's 'mission' and alerts the family but they snub her. Viraat, Maanvi participates in Singing competition show, Sur-Sartaaz of India, here too Karan spreads false news of Viraat-Maanvi divorce. This leads to almost their separation but the duo save their marriage by opting out of the show in the finale. Karan defends his actions while Swamini blames Maanvi of targeting her 'innocent' son. Later, Jeevika too learns about Karan, trails him to his Bunglow to counter him. Maanvi too joins her, Karan misbehaves with Jeevika and try to strangulate Maanvi and in the melee Jeevika shoots him in self-defence. Viraat arrives on the scene and takes the blame on himself to save Jeevika and gets imprisonment. Swamini, miserable in her son's death accuses Viraat as Jeevika is under Maanvi's promise not to reveal truth. However out of guilt she confides to Viren. In the court Viren saves both Jeevika and Viraat from punishment as new investigations reveal the real killer is Jaiswal, Viren's long time foe. Thus Jaiswal is found guilty and imprisoned. Vadhera family feels relieved.
Viraat restarts his music career but a terrible fight breaks between the brothers when Viraat comes to know Viren helped him get the music album contract. Thus in rage, Viraat decides to leave the home and distraught Maanvi follows him. Vadheras stays in gloom as Viraat and Maanvi struggles initially to earn a decent living. Nevertheless, the couple withstand and support each other to face the challenge and soon Viraat wins music album contract on his own and thus returns to the family home. Vadhera family welcomes them andin joy with news of Maanvi's pregnancy. At the same time they come to know Jeevika can no longer become pregnant. Later, Jeevika and Viren opts for surrogacy to get their child and "Vidhi" enters the family as surrogate mother.
Jeevika and Maanvi's father, who left them in their childhood, appears one day. Maanvi, though shocked, very happy to find that her father is alive. But Jeevika's anger towards father surprises Maanvi. She questions, gets shocked to learn her own father was the reason of her mother's death i.e., she commits suicide after learning her husband cheated on her. evertheless, Maanvi believes that her father should be forgiven as he realized his mistakes and should be given another chance. Initially Jeevika is rude to her father but forgives him when she knows that he is very ill. They reconcile. Show takes 3 months leap. Maanvi and VIdhi goes into labour, deliver girl babies. In the last episode, naming ceremony of the babies where Viren and Jeevika name their daughter, Maansi while Viraat and Maanvi name their daughter, Jhanvi. During the celebrations, Jeevika comes to know that she's pregnant. Vadhera and Chaudhary families live happily ever after.
- Krystle D'Souzaas Jeevika Chaudhary, Manvi's elder sister, Viren's wife (2011–13)
- Nia Sharma as Manvi Chaudhary, Jeevika's younger sister, Virat's wife (2011–13)
- Karan Tacker as Viren Singh Vadhera, Virat's elder brother, Jeevika's husband (2011–13)
- Kushal Tandon as Virat Singh Vadhera, Viren's younger brother, Manvi's husband (2011–13)
- Seema Kapoor as Swamini Singh Shekhawat
- Indu Verma as Vanshika Singh Vadhera
- Deep Dhillon as Vijay Singh Vadhera
- Anupam Bhattacharyaas Inder Singh Vadhera
- Manasvi Vyas as Kadambari Singh Vadhera
- Nikunj Pandey as Shlok Singh Vadhera
- Anju Mahendru as Beeji
- Tarla Joshi as Badi Beeji
- Mohit Chauhan as Madan Chaudhary
- Divyajyotee Sharma as Pinky Chaudhary
- Imran Khan as Mahesh Chaudhary
- Gaurav Kumar as Dabindar Singh Chaudhary
- Lavina Tandon as Sweety Singh Chaudhary
- Abhinav Shukla as Dr. Manan
- Sehban Azim as Karan Singh Shekhawat (2012–13)
- Nikunj Malik as Maya (2012)
- Abir Goswami as Rajiv Talwar (2012)
- Puneet Sachdev as Vikram
- Kajal Pisal as Riya Malik/Sheetal
- Karan Suchak as Sambhav Malik
- Neeraj Malviya as Harshad/Shashank
- Neha Gosain as Vidhi
- Simran Natekar as Young Jeevika Chaudhary
- Ragini Khanna and Jay Soni as Suhana and Ishaan from Sasural Genda Phool
- Sanaya Irani as Khushi from Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?
- Kunwar Amar (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Shakti Mohan (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Shantanu Maheshwari (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Sneha Kapoor (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Archi Pratik (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Alisha Singh (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Amar Gowda (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Vinti Idnani (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Macedon D'mello (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Samentha Fernandes (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Apurva Agnihotri (2012) as Judge of the singing competition
- Shilpa Saklani (2012) as Judge of singing competition
- Suzanne Bernert (2013) as Liz Love Interest of Deep Dhillons' Character
The show is produced and directed by Siddharth Malohtra of Cinevistaas Limited. Krystle D'Souza was cast to play Jeevika Chaudhary along with Nia Sharma as Maanvi Chaudhary. Karan Tacker and Kushal Tandon both were finalised to play the main role. Abhinav Shukla was roped to play another important chartecter in the series. Other cast included Seema Kapoor, Anju Mahendru, Manasvi Vyas, Anupam Bhattacharya, Divyajyotee Sharma, Gaurav Kumar, Deep Dhillon and Tarla Joshi . Seema played a strict women and but later her character turned positive.
Awards and nominations
|2012||Star Parivaar Awards||Nayi Soch Kirdaar||Nia Sharma||Won|
|Favourite Behen||Krystle D'Souza|
|Favourite Pati||Karan Tacker|
|Favourite Jodi||Kushal Tandon & Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Favourite Bhabhi||Krystle D'Souza|
|Favourite Patni||Krystle D'Souza|
|Favourite Behen||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Sasur||Deep Dhillon|
|Indian Telly Awards||Fresh New Face(Male)||Kushal Tandon||Won|
|Zee Gold Awards||Gold Debut(Male)||Kushal Tandon||Won|
|Most Fit Actor||Karan Tacker|
|Most Fit Actress||Krystle D'Souza|
|Best Fiction Show||Prem Kishan & Sunil Mehta||Nominated|
|People's Choice Awards India||Favourite New TV Drama||Prem Kishan & Sunil Mehta|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress-Drama(Popular)||Nia Sharma||Won|
|Best Actor-Drama(Popular)||Kushal Tandon||Nominated|
|Best Serial(Popular)||Prem Kishan & Sunil Mehta|
|Best Actress-Drama(Jury)||Krystle D'Souza|
|Best Serial-Drama(Jury)||Prem Kishan & Sunil Mehta|
|GR8 Performer of the Year||Karan Tacker|
|Best Director-Drama(Jury)||Santaram Verma|
|Best Teleplay(Jury)||Bhavini Iyer & Zama Habib||Won|
|2013||Star Parivaar Awards||Favourite Pati||Karan Tacker||Nominated|
|Favourite Bahu||Krystle D'Souza||Nominated|
|Favourite Bhabhi||Krystle D'Souza||Nominated|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Ensemble||Cinevistaas Limited||Won|
|Best Actress in a Leading Role||Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Best Drama Series||Cinevistaas Limited||Nominated|
|Kalakar Awards||Best Jodi||Karan Tacker & Krystle D'Souza||Won|
- "Krystle and Nia Sharma to play leads in Cinevistaas' next". Metro Masti. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Karan Tacker and Kushal Tandon to play them ain male leads in Star Plus next". Metro Masti. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Seema Kapoor (Vasu of Bidaai) to play an antagonist in Star Plus Ek Hazaaron". Metro Masti. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- Winners & Nominees of 5th Boroplus Gold Awards, 2012
- "IndianTelevisionAcademy.com". Archived from the original on 21 October 2013. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "The ITA Awards 2012 – Popular Top-5". Archived from the original on 29 October 2013.