Ek Nanad Ki Khushiyon Ki Chaabi… Meri Bhabhi
|Ek Nanad Ki Khushiyon Ki Chaabi...Meri Bhabhi|
|Also known as||Meri Bhabhi|
|Created by||DJ's a Creative Unit|
|Written by||Zama Habib|
|Directed by||Siddharth Sengupta |
K. Mohit Kumar Jha Abhimanyu RS Chauhan
|Theme music composer||Raju Singh|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||225|
|Producer(s)||Tony Singh |
|Editor(s)||Santosh Singh |
|Running time||Approx. 24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||DJ's a Creative Unit|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) |
|Original release||June 17, 2013 –|
April 12, 2014
Ek Nanad Ki Khushiyon Ki Chaabi... Meri Bhabhi (English: The key to a girl's happiness... My sister-in-law) or simply Meri Bhabhi (My Brother's Wife) (International Title: Brave and Beautiful) is an Indian television soap opera which aired on Star Plus. The show premiered on 17 June 2013.
The show outlines the bond of love between the nanad (the sister of one's husband) and bhabhi (the wife of one's brother) of the Shergill family. The show went off air on 12 April 2014, replaced by Ek Hasina Thi.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2019)
Shraddha, the only daughter of Delhi-based colonel Zorwar Shergil, marries her boyfriend, Bobby against her family's wishes and starts living with him in Mumbai. They have a son, named Dhruv and Shraddha keeps in touch with her brother, Anand's wife Kritika "Kittu".
Sometime later, suspecting Shraddha of being in trouble, Kittu convinces Anand to pay her a surprise visit in Mumbai where Anand discovers that Bobby has left Shraddha and Dhruv to fend for themselves and Shraddha is struggling to make ends meet. He brings her back home with him, after several hurdles, Shraddha procures a divorce from Bobby with help from Anand's lawyer friend, Jas and Kittu's brother, Kunal. Kunal and Shraddha fall in love but his mother Kamini tries to keep them apart not wanting a divorced single mother for a daughter-in-law. Wanting to do everything she can for her nanad's happiness, Kittu helps Kunal and Shraddha elope but their families arrive in the nick of time. Zorawar forces Shraddha to choose between him and Kunal, and she leaves a heartbroken Kunal for her family.
This worsens the relationship between Kittu and Anand who blames Kittu for the situation, Kittu decides to move to her parents' home till she wins back Anand's respect and trust, feeling sorry for Kittu, Kunal and Shraddha team up to patch things for her with Anand and tell Anand that Kittu is pregnant, Anand starts taking care of Kittu and brings her home, after some confusion, Anand realises Kittu is not pregnant and accuses her of not deserving his trust, unaware that she had no role in the plan, by the time Jas explains the situation to him, Kittu has gone missing, he finds her about to commit suicide and apologises. They reconcile and reunite.
Meanwhile, Zorawar softens his stand and Kunal and Shraddha are finally married much to Kamini's disappointment, after several hurdles, she finally accepts Shraddha. The show ends on a happy note as Kittu announces her pregnancy. And the show ends .
- Esha Kansara as Kritika "Kittu"
- Kanchi Kaul as Shraddha
- Ravish Desai as Kunal Shrivastav 
- Vipul Gupta as Anand Zoravar Shergil, Shraddha's brother
- Kanwaljit Singh as Colonel Zorawar Shergill, Shraddha and Anand's father
- Supriya Pilgaonkar as Amrit Zorawar Shergill, Shraddha and Anand's mother
- Abhishek Bajaj as Ishaan Zorawar Shergill, Shraddha's brother
- Karaan Singh as Ashish Zorawar Shergill, Shraddha's brother
- Priyanka Singh as Jaya Ashish Shergill, Ashish's wife
- Madhura Naik as Jaspreet/Jas, Anand's lawyer and friend
- Rohit Sagar as Purushottam Shrivastav, Kriitka and Kunal's father
- Shweta Gautam as Kamini Shrivastav, Kritika and Kunal's mother
- Krutika Gaikwad as Ritika
- Bharat Chawda as Bobby Sood, Shraddha's ex-husband
- Uzair Basar as Dhruv, Shraddha and Bobby's son
- Mansi Sharma as Chhaya
- Surbhi Chandna as Suzanne
The series which was in works since 2012, produced by Deeya Singh and Tony Singh under DJ's a Creative Unit, was initially titled as Sher Dil Shergil and the promo of the series started to air on StarPlus which was supposed to premiere during early 2013. The cast of the series included were Supriya Pilgaonkar, Kanwaljeet Singh, Kanchi Kaul, Chhavi Mittal, Diwakar Pundir, Ulka Gupta, Parakh Madhan, Sunayana Fozdar and Uzair Basar.
However, the channel being unhappy with the episodes shot, scrapped them and instructed the production house to rework on the show and script in January 2013. The series undergone a revamp with the former script consisting of many children being reduced and change of story focus to adult cast with some cast changes with Kanchi Kaul, Supriya Pilgaonkar, Kanwaljeet Singh and Uzair Basar being retained while others being dropped out. Abhishek Bajaj, Esha Kansara, Vipul Gupta, Shweta Gautam and Rohit Sagar were some of the new additions then. The series was also renamed as Ek Nanad Ki Khushiyon Ki Chaabi... Meri Bhabhi before its premiere and was launched during early June 2013.
The series garnered an average ratings in its prime time slot and in March 2014 it was decided to end the series due to its low ratings and it went of air on 12 April 2014. The shooting of the series was wrapped up on 11 April 2014.
The series opened with a low rating of 1.9 TVR in its debut week.
- "Setup directors provide the boost to mount a show". The Times of India.
- "'Meri Bhabhi' completes 150 episodes – Times Of India". 14 January 2014. Archived from the original on 14 January 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Meri Bhabhi: There is no vamp in the show, claims producer! | Bollywood Life". www.bollywoodlife.com. 8 June 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- Baddhan, Raj (5 June 2013). "'Meri Bhabhi' to replace 'MasterChef' on Star Plus". BizAsia | Media, Entertainment, Showbiz, Events and Music. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Meri Bhabhi to go off-air on 12th April?". The Times of India.
- ""It has been a wonderful one year with Bhabhi…" – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "I have the most awesome in-laws: Kanchi Kaul – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Pregnant Kanchi Kaul to quit Meri Bhabhi? – The Times of India". 6 March 2014. Archived from the original on 6 March 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- Desk, India TV News (27 August 2013). "Ravish enters 'Meri Bhabhi', relates to his character". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Doing films was a risk, but I have no regrets: Vipul Gupta – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Supriya Pilgaonkar: I never have high expectations of any TV show! | Bollywood Life". www.bollywoodlife.com. 18 August 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "TV Actor transformed beyond belief". The Times of India.
- Desk, India TV News (14 August 2013). "Madhura Naik excited to play lawyer". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Krutika Gaikwad makes a comeback with Meri Bhabhi – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "2013 forecast telly treat". The Indian Express.
- "All is not well between DJ's and Star Plus?". The Times of India.
- "Supriya Pilgaonkar in Star Plus' next!". The Times of India.
- "Ulka Gupta to return with Ravi Ojha's next?". The Times of India.
- "Parakh Madan replaces Vindhya in Sher Dil Shergil". The Times of India.
- "Reena out; Sunayana Fozdar in Sher Dil". The Times of India.
- "Sher Dil Shergil revamped!". The Times of India.
- "Small screen Bajrangbali gets new face (TV Snippets)". Business Standard.
- "Abhishek Bajaj & Kareena Shah in Sher Dil Shergil". The Times of India.
- "Esha Kansara & Vipul Gupta in Sher Dil Shergil". The Times of India.
- "Never thought would begin with TV: Ravish Desai". The Times of India.
- "Shweta Gautam & Rohit Sagar in Sherdil Shergil". The Times of India.
- "Telly stars at the launch of 'Meri Bhabhi'". Mid Day.
- "Will Supriya's teleserial face the axe". The Times of India.
- "TV show Meri Bhabhi to go off-air?". Hindustan Times.
- "Meri Bhabhi to end in April?". The Times of India.
- "Esha Kansara on her last day of shoot for Meri Bhabhi". The Times of India.
- "Zee, Life OK biggest gainers in week 25 TAM ratings". Indian Television dot com.