Ekahau Site Survey
|Operating system||Windows, macOS|
|Type||Wireless site survey|
Ekahau Site Survey is a tool for Wi-Fi network planning, site surveys, and administration. It runs on Microsoft Windows or macOS (beta) and supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks. Ekahau Site Survey is developed by Ekahau, Inc., a US-based company founded in 2000. Ekahau, Inc. is a private, venture backed company based in the Northern Virginia Corridor, in Reston, Virginia. The company holds 10 patents for Real-Time Location Systems.
Ekahau Site Survey provides a ground-level view of WLAN coverage and performance based on the data collected during passive and active surveys. It is also capable of performing predictive surveys that facilitate WLAN planning at pre-deployment stage. Additionally, the application is capable of performing spectrum analysis, which requires a USB-based spectrum analyzer. Ekahau Site Survey is optimized for centrally managed 802.11n Wi-Fi networks. Ekahau also offers a basic, scaled-down site survey tool called HeatMapper and a basic WLAN assessment tool for Android-based smartphones and tablets called Ekahau Mobile Survey.
- 802.11n and 802.11ac support, as well as 802.11a/b/g
- 3D predictive network planning
- Hybrid Site Surveys: Simultaneous passive and active surveys
- GPS-assisted outdoor surveys
- Customizable report generation
- Integration with Ekahau Real-Time Location Tracking System
- Integration with Cisco WCS and Avaya WMS
- Todd Lammle (2010). CCNA Wireless Study Guide. John Wiley & Sons. p. 457. ISBN 978-0-470-90171-7.
- Ekahau Corporate Website. Retrieved 2013-08-28
- Krzysztof W. Kolodziej, Johan Hjelm (2006). Local Positioning Systems: LBS Applications and Services. CRC Press. pp. 237–238. ISBN 978-0849333491.
- "RollOut: Ekahau's Site Survey 2.2". Retrieved 2012-01-20.
- "Ekahau Wireless Site Survey: Strong analytical capabilities". Retrieved 2012-01-20.
- "Review: Ekahau HeatMapper". Retrieved 2012-01-20.
- "Review: Ekahau Mobile Survey for Android". Retrieved 2012-01-20.
- "Ekahau Introduces the Next Generation of Ekahau Site Survey™ 6.0 for IEEE 802.11ac Wi-Fi Network Planning and Optimization". Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- David D. Coleman; David A. Westcott (2006). Certified Wireless Network Administrator Study Guide. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 465–466. ISBN 978-0-471-78952-9.
- Ron Olexa (2004). Implementing 802.11, 802.16, and 802.20 Wireless Networks: Planning, Troubleshooting, and Operations (Communications Engineering). Newnes. pp. 118–119. ISBN 0-7506-7808-9.