|Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Donetsk People's Republic|
16 May 2014 – 15 August 2014
|Preceded by||Post Established|
|Succeeded by||Alexandru Caraman|
|Born||5 July 1983|
Kakhovka, Kherson Oblast, Ukrainian SSR
|Political party||New Russia Party (2014–present)|
|Children||Two sons, one daughter|
|Alma mater||Donetsk National Technical University|
Ekaterina Yurevna Gubareva (Russian: Екатерина Юрьевна Губарева, born 1983, in Kakhovka) is a former minister of foreign affairs of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DNR) and wife of Pavel Gubarev.
On 1 March 2014, during the protests in the south-eastern part of Ukraine, her husband Pavel Gubarev at a rally in Donetsk was chosen as "people's governor" of Donetsk oblast. On 6 March 2014, he was arrested and taken by the SBU to Kiev. Thereafter Ekaterina Gubareva with their children left for some time in Rostov-on-Don (Russia).
Gubareva became the organizer of humanitarian convoys (food, medicine, childcare products) for the civilians and fighters of the Donetsk People's Republic. She said: "We don't carry weapons or fighters, and we don't know anything about that side of things."
The European Union (EU) has included Gubareva in the list of people who have come under EU sanctions. She was banned from entering the EU and her accounts in European banks, if they exist, will be frozen. According to EU officials:
In her capacity of so called "Minister of Foreign Affairs" she is responsible of defending the so called "Donetsk People's Republic", thus undermining the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine.
In addition, her bank account is used to finance illegal armed separatist groups.
In taking on and acting in this capacity she has therefore supported actions and policies which undermine the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine.
On 16 August 2014 the former Vice President of Transnistria Alexander Karaman replaced Gubareva in the post of Foreign Minister, for reasons unspecified. She became the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.
As a result of the death of Alexander Zakharchenko, there will be so-called "elections" in the Donetsk People's Republic. In September 2018, Pavel Gubarev went to Moscow and obtained permission to be a candidate for the post of head of the Donetsk People's Republic. As a result of this, the Gubarevs are being put under pressure by supporters of rival candidate, Denis Pushilin.
Ekaterina Gubareva was set to head the Free Donbass party list for the "elections" of the People's Soviet of the Donetsk People's Republic of 11 November 2018. But on 29 September 2018, she was arrested and held in custody by unknown people, and so was unable to attend the party convention that day, with the result that she was excluded from the party list. At the convention, the movement was taken over by supporters of Denis Pushilin. After this incident she left for Rostov-on-Don.
She has two sons and a daughter. 
- Главой МИДа Донецкой республики стала Екатерина Губарева [Head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of DNR became Ekaterina Gubareva], Politikus, 11 April 2014
- У прокурорши Крыма появился конкурент - Екатерина Губарева (фото) назначена министром иностранных дел Донецкой республики [Prosecutor of Crimea received a competitor, Ekaterina Gubareva who became a foreign minister], Centrasia, 11 April 2014.
- New York Times, 11 April 2014, Pro-Russia Ukrainians Are Promised More Power, but Remain Dubious, by Andrew Higgins and Andrew E Kramer.
- "Жена Губарева стала министром Донецкой народной республики". Gazeta.ua. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Radaris: Поиск Екатерина Губарева? Онлайн поисклюдей при помощи номер 1 источника данных для поиска людей. Публичные записи". Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- В Донецке прошел первый фестиваль «Здорового образа жизни»| In Donetsk, the festival of Healthy lifestyle come place
- Артур Гор, Арсений Беркан. "Кем были раньше "вожди" ДНР: Губарев - Дедом Морозом, Пушилин - крупье, а Пономарев гонял машины из России (фото)". Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Вести.Ru: Екатерина Губарева: юго-восток не отступит от своих требований". vesti.ru. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "The smuggling 'foreign minister' of the 'Donetsk People's Republic'". Telegraph.co.uk. 28 June 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Thomson-Reuters, Russie-Personnalités et entités sous le coup de nouvelles sanctions de l'UE, by Adrian Croft and Eric Faye, 26 July 2014.
- Council Decision 2014/499/CFSP of 25 July 2014 amending Decision 2014/145/CFSP concerning restrictive measures in respect of actions undermining or threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine/
- "Donetsk Republic Appoints New Foreign Minister". 16 August 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
Неизвестные обстреляли автомобиль, в котором находился лидер 'Новороссии" Павел Губарев' (in Russian). TASS. 2014-10-13. Retrieved 2014-11-10.
'В ночь на 13 октября неизвестные обстреляли автомобиль лидера движения "Новороссия" Павла Губарева. Инцидент произошел на трассе Ростов-на-Дону - Донецк на территории ДНР (провозглашенной Донецкой народной республики)', - сообщили в организации.
- "Жена Губарева временно возглавила движение «Новороссия»". Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- Kazanskyi, Denys (8 October 2018), "The danger of wanting to be boss, What to expect from "elections" in Donetsk and Luhansk", The Ukrainian Week, retrieved 10 October 2018
- Жена сепаратиста Губарева увлекается боксом и любит пострелять из оружия/ Gazeta.ua, 21 May 2014