Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami
|Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami|
|Directed by||Ravindra Gautam|
Anurradha Prasad Shukla|
|Written by||Rahil Qaazi|
|Music by||Ram Sampath|
|Distributed by||Jayantilal Gada|
|Box office||₹1.58 crore|
Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami (English translation: 21 Canon Salute) is a 2014 Indian Hindi satire comedy film directed by Ravindra Gautam and produced by Abhinav Shukla under the banner of Nautanki Films. The film stars Anupam Kher, Divyendu Sharma, Manu Rishi, Aditi Sharma, Rajesh Sharma and Neha Dhupia in leading roles and was released in India on 10 October 2014.
- Anupam Kher as Purushottam Narayan Joshi
- Aditya Kapadia as young Purushotam Narayan Joshi
- Neha Dhupia as Jayaprabha
- Divyendu Sharma as Subhash Joshi
- Manu Rishi as Shekhar Joshi
- Aditi Sharma as Taanya Srivastav
- Rajesh Sharma as Daya Shankar Pandey
- Achyut Potdar
- Uttara Baokar as Kalawati
- Supriya Kumari as Sushma Joshi
- Bhagwan Tiwari as Abhinav Shivhare
- Sudhir Pandey as Patwardhan
- Aashif Sheikh as Arnab Sharma
Two sons set out to get their father what he dreamt of all through his life –the ultimate sign of respect. High on thrill and laughter, this film takes the audience through the unbelievable attempt of Shekhar and Subhash Joshi to provide their father an Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami (21 gun salute). Purushotam Joshi is a common man who fails to earn his bit of appreciation despite being completely honest during his lifelong service as a government employee. Joshi’s sons are however willing to go the extra mile to get their father his only wish. But will they succeed in their endeavour?
Shah Rukh Khan launched the trailer of the Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami. The song Tod De Kataar was launched in a special event next to the iconic The Common Man statue of RK Laxman, where common people were felicitated for their service to the society.
|Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami|
|Soundtrack album by Ram Sampath|
|Released||23 September 2014|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The soundtrack of Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami consists of 5 songs composed by Ram Sampath the lyrics of which were written by Sandeep Nath.
|1.||"Ghoor Ghoor Ke"||Sona Mohapatra||03:43|
|2.||"Tod De Kataar"||Labh Janjua, Divya Kumar & Ram Sampath||02:58|
|3.||"Hum Tumhe Kaise Bataye" (Ghazal)||Aman Trikha & Tarannum Mallik||04:33|
|5.||"Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami"||Ram Sampath & Earl Edgar D||02:44|
Renuka Vyavahare of The Times of India gave the film a rating of 3.5 out of 5 and said that, "In times where materialistic things have taken precedence over people and good old values, ETKS is one of the most socially relevant films to have come out this year. It's not just a film but a philosophy." Bollywood Hungama gave the film a rating of 3 out of 5 saying that, "Director Ravindra Gautam really needs to be applauded from the bottom of the heart for having come up with such a unique film. The way he has treated the subject and extracted performances from his actors, makes him a director to look forward to in the future." Rachit Gupta of Filmfare reviewed the film saying that, "Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami isn’t the worst film ever made. It’s got its moments. But when it comes to cinematic quality it has no leg to stand on. It’s just too erratic to merit any credibility." Rajeev Masand of News18 gave the film a rating of 2 out of 5 saying that, "Buried beneath the farcical humor, melodramatic performances and manipulative tear-jerking in Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami is a well-intentioned message movie about the value of honesty." Prateek Sur of DNA India praised the acting performances of the actors but criticized the length of the film and gave the film a rating of 3 out of 5. Kaushani Banerjee of Deccan Chronicle gave the film a rating of 1.5 out of 5 saying that the movie "falters much like the system it aims to satirize." Paloma Sharma of Rediff gave the film a rating of 3.5 out of 5 and said that, "Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami could have been flawless but for slightly substandard dialogues and cinematography." Sanjukta Sharma of Live Mint reviewed the film saying that, "Kher leads a cast that drums up the melodrama quite effortlessly, as the film requires. But despite the best of intentions, Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami is a tiresome film and at least half an hour longer than it should have been."
- "Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Box Office Collections". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Nautanki Films". Centist. Archived from the original on 28 August 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Seema Sinha (26 September 2014). "Neha Dhupia paying a tribute to some iconic actresses of Bollywood". The Times of India. Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- "Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami - Official Trailer". YouTube.
- "Shah Rukh Khan promotes Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami". Centist. Retrieved 17 Aug 2014.
- "Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami to celebrate the spirit of the common man". Centist. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami Review by Bollywood Hungama News Network". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Movie Review: Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami". Filmfare.
- "Message in a throttle". Rajeev Masand.
- "Film Review: 'Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami' is a relevant film on present day political scenario". DNA India.
- "Movie Review - The film is strictly a one-time watch". DNA India.
- "Review: Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami has repeat value". Rediff.
- "Film Review - Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami". Live Mint.