Ekolot JK-05L Junior
€47,400 (assembled, 2015)
|Variants||Ekolot KR-030 Topaz|
The Ekolot JK-05L Junior is a Polish ultralight aircraft, designed and produced by Ekolot of Krosno. It was certified in Poland in February 2010. The aircraft is supplied as a kit for amateur construction or as a complete ready-to-fly aircraft.
Design and development
The JK-05L was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules. It features a strut-braced high wing, an enclosed cockpit with two seats in side-by-side configuration, fixed tricycle landing gear and a single engine in tractor configuration.
The aircraft is made from composites. Its 10.68 m (35.0 ft) span wing employs an NN-1817 airfoil, has an area of 10.24 m2 (110.2 sq ft) and employs carbon fibre flaperons. The twin 35 litres (7.7 imp gal; 9.2 US gal) fuel tanks are located behind the seats. A ballistic parachute is available. The controls include a single, centrally-mounted centre stick and electric trim. The standard engine is the 80 hp (60 kW) Rotax 912UL four-stroke powerplant.
Specifications (JK 05L Junior)
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 5.7 m (18 ft 8 in)
- Wingspan: 10.76 m (35 ft 4 in)
- Height: 2.25 m (7 ft 5 in)
- Wing area: 10.2 m2 (110 sq ft)
- Airfoil: NN-1817
- Empty weight: 290 kg (639 lb)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 70 litres (15 imp gal; 18 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912UL four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 60 kW (80 hp)
- Maximum speed: 200 km/h (124 mph; 108 kn)
- Cruise speed: 180 km/h (112 mph; 97 kn) at 75% power
- Stall speed: 55 km/h (34 mph; 30 kn) flaps down
- Range: 1,000 km (621 mi; 540 nmi)
- Rate of climb: 6 m/s (1,200 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 41 kg/m2 (8.4 lb/sq ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 44. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Tacke, Willi; Marino Boric; et al: World Directory of Light Aviation 2015-16, page 45. Flying Pages Europe SARL, 2015. ISSN 1368-485X
- Ekolot (4 January 2009). "Technical Description". Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- Ekolot (29 August 2008). "Technical data of JK 05L Junior". Archived from the original on 13 December 2014. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ekolot JK-05L Junior.|