Udoh with the Bucks in 2012
|No. 8 – Fenerbahçe Istanbul|
|Position||Center / Power forward|
|League||Turkish Basketball Super League
May 20, 1987 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school||Edmond Santa Fe
|NBA draft||2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6th overall|
|Selected by the Golden State Warriors|
|2010–2012||Golden State Warriors|
|2014–2015||Los Angeles Clippers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
Ekpedeme Friday "Ekpe" Udoh (/ / e-PAY EW-doh; born May 20, 1987) is an American professional basketball player for Fenerbahçe of the Turkish Basketball Super League and the Euroleague. He played high school basketball for Edmond Santa Fe High School, college basketball for Baylor University and was selected by the Golden State Warriors with the sixth overall pick in the 2010 NBA draft.
With a 7'4 1⁄2" wingspan, he was the Big 12 Conference's leading shot blocker during the 2009–10 season. He led the conference in his only season at Baylor, after transferring from Michigan where, as a sophomore, he led the Big Ten Conference in blocked shots with 2.9 in 2007–08.
Udoh played three seasons of college basketball, two at Michigan and one at Baylor, averaging 8.4 points, 6.3 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 2.8 blocks per game in 103 career games. In 2009–10, Udoh earned honorable mention All-American honors by the Associated Press, as well as being named to the All-Big 12 second team, Big 12 All-Defensive team, Big 12 Newcomer of the Year, Big 12 All-Rookie team, USBWA All-District VII team and NABC Division I All-District 8 second team.
On April 13, 2010, he declared for the NBA draft, foregoing his final year of college eligibility.
Udoh was selected with the sixth overall pick in the 2010 NBA draft by the Golden State Warriors. Because of a wrist injury, Udoh did not make his NBA debut until December 11, 2010 against the Miami Heat in the final three minutes of the game, scoring two points.
On November 21, 2011, Udoh signed with Bnei Herzliya of Israel for the duration of the NBA lockout. In December 2011, he returned to the Warriors after managing just one game for Bnei where he recorded 22 points, 16 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 blocks.
On July 28, 2015, Udoh signed a one-year deal with the Turkish club Fenerbahçe. In his first season with the team, Udoh already had starting role position, being one of the team leaders. Fenerbahçe won the Turkish Cup with 67–65 win over Darüşşafaka. Fenerbahçe also reached the final game of the 2016 Euroleague Final Four, but fall short of winning the championship after overtime 96–101 loss to CSKA Moscow. Over 27 Euroleague games, he averaged 12.6 points, 5.1 rebounds per game. In the end of the season, Fenerbahçe also won the Tukish League championship.
On July 11, 2016, Udoh re-signed with Fenerbahçe, on a 1+1 contract.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
- A fresh transfusion of talent
- DraftExpressProfile: Ekpe Udoh, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook
- Udoh's next choice: Baylor or NBA?
- Ekpe Udoh Bio
- Baylor F Udoh declares for NBA draft
- "Udoh out 6 months following surgery". ESPN.com. July 14, 2010. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- Ekpe Udoh signs in Israel with Bnei Hasharon
- "Bucks Acquire Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown from Warriors". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. March 13, 2012. Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- "Clippers Sign Chris Douglas-Roberts and Ekpe Udoh". NBA.com. September 3, 2014. Retrieved September 3, 2014.
- "Fenerbahce adds size with Udoh". Euroleague.net. July 28, 2015. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- "CSKA Moscow claims its seventh Euroleague crown after OT thriller". euroleague.net. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "EKPE UDOH İLE ANLAŞMAYA VARILDI". Fenerbahce.org (in Turkish). July 11, 2016. Retrieved July 11, 2016.
- Roster: Ekpe Udoh
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ekpe Udoh.|