25 October 1961|
Plav, SR Montenegro, Yugoslavia
|Died||4 March 2016
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Singer, reality show star, building porter, cab driver|
|Known for||Song "Kuća poso"|
Ekrem Jevrić (Cyrillic: Екрем Јеврић, pronounced [ɛ̌krɛm jɛ̌ːʋritɕ]; born 25 October 1961 – 4 March 2016) was a Montenegrin American singer and musician based in Yonkers, New York. His YouTube video "Kuća pos'o" (House - Work) earned him instant popularity across former Yugoslavia, due to its perception as camp aesthetic.
Ekrem Jevrić was born in Plav, SR Montenegro. He started smoking at age fourteen and his father refused to buy him cigarettes, so he went to Podgorica alone to earn money. After, he went to work in Slovenia. In 1985, he married Igbala Jevrić. He moved to Canada in 1988, and soon after to the United States. The couple has four sons: Enis, Verdin, Hajrudin and Berat.
Jevrić most famous song is "Kuća posô" (Home, work or From home to work), which achieved instant success on YouTube, reaching over 13 million views (2 million in first month). He recorded his first album, titled Kuća posô in March 2010 He did a photo shoot for Dolce & Gabbana Winter 2011 Collection, positing as an Italian tailor.
At the end of 2010, he took part in the popular Serbian reality show Farma, and ended up third.
- New York White Pages
- "Pas do pasa, beton do betona" (in Serbian). Vreme. 29 July 2010.
- "YouTube folk singer reunites ex-Yugoslavia". BBC News. 17 July 2010.
- "How the 'Borat of the Balkans' hit the big time". London, UK: The Independent. 22 July 2010.
- Jadadin, Edin. Estrada, n. 18, p. 44
- Zvijezda Kanade i Amerike Ekrem Jevrić: Moja pjesma je pjesma o istini (croatian)
- New hit - Ekrem Jevrić (serbian)
- Bizzare Balkan musician (slovenian)